interests??? inc taster pics

iain10101

I have spent on average about 3 hours a day reading posts on this forum and im gauging that most people on the site have similar interests as well as our cars, I would like to see more posts with other interests, similar to the mtb thread. Im into fish! Tropical and koi. Was wondering if any other members have tanks and ponds etc. Maybe getting some piccys up too. I look forward to any responses. Many thans iain

Images of my latest project

005.jpg

002.jpg

I have spent on average about 3 hours a day reading posts on this forum and im gauging that most people on the site have similar interests as well as our cars, I would like to see more posts with other interests, similar to the mtb thread. Im into fish! Tropical and koi. Was wondering if any other members have tanks and ponds etc. Maybe getting some piccys up too. I look forward to any responses. Many thans iain

Lol, you mean me and Chris I's playground? Thanks, I like reading non zed stuff too so that's why I did a kind of perpetual thread. It's tidier than starting a new thread every time.

I like the other interests stuff too.

I keep a small marine tank.

I'm also into RC cars - haven't played for AGES though!!!, Motorbikes, looking at getting a DSLR in a few months, pick up my golf bats now and then.....

7000 gallon koi pond! Although my wife keeps getting on at me to turn it into a swimming pool. Koi wins, I'm not giving in. My fish have been in a customers pond for 11 months and will be for another 4 months till I can get pond finished.

I reckon half Koi pond half Hot Tub would be good... then you can relax in the warm with a drink and watch the fish :thumbs:

As its in the top right hand corner of the garden and i was tempted to mirror it and have a pool on the other side of the garden, that was until i found out how much the filtration system cost for the pond alone! Not cheap at all!!! I could buy another zed with the money i will have to spend on the pond.

I've keep koi, have done for about 7 years now. Pond is 1800 gallons so a mere puddle compared to 7000 gallons! I'd love a viewing window.

Fish range from about 12" to about 24", all cheapies I couldn't bring myself to pay hundreds for a fish to find it belly up or heron bait! Don't take a lot of looking after to be honest. Some people seem to have all sorts of problems which I don't seem to have had....yet.

Other interests golf, xbox, drinking.

7000 gallon koi pond! Although my wife keeps getting on at me to turn it into a swimming pool. Koi wins, I'm not giving in. My fish have been in a customers pond for 11 months and will be for another 4 months till I can get pond finished.

I reckon half Koi pond half Hot Tub would be good... then you can relax in the warm with a drink and watch the fish :thumbs:

Why not have it as a mermaid tank..Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Oh Yeah!!! :lol:

mermaid.jpg

Shes around 1.8m deep with 2 bottom drains. Going to be completely rendered then fibreglassed in sky blue, marble coping stones, full height walls round the back and a stainless steel covering to the wall along the back lit with leds and cascading water. Running eventually a 30inch bead filter, a multicyclone filter, a cetus sieve, 1/2HP pump, 2x150w UV, 30inch glass filter and finally 12 water jets. Mucho Expensivo, But wanna do it right the 1st time.

Shes around 1.8m deep with 2 bottom drains. Going to be completely rendered then fibreglassed in sky blue, marble coping stones, full height walls round the back and a stainless steel covering to the wall along the back lit with leds and cascading water. Running eventually a 30inch bead filter, a multicyclone filter, a cetus sieve, 1/2HP pump, 2x150w UV, 30inch glass filter and finally 12 water jets. Mucho Expensivo, But wanna do it right the 1st time.

Sounds good and expensive! I've only limited knowledge, but the koi forums I've been on don't rate the multicyclones much. The only other thing I'd say is are you fitting a skimmer? I don't have one and I wish I did for leaves and general crud, and you can have extra filtration off it.

I'm sure you've given this a lot of thought and had loads of advice already. Your build looks great and I'd love a pond that size. Will probably move in the next few years so going to stick with what I've got then the 'final build' and do it right as you've said.

Keep the pics coming!

Why not have it as a mermaid tank..Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Oh Yeah!!! :lol:

mermaid.jpg

iM NOT SURE THE WIFE WOULD GO FOR THAT!!! AWESOME IDEA THOUGH! i COULD CHARGE ENTRY WITH ONE OF THEM.......

Great work there Ian, looks like a fantastic setup when finished.

Good to see you are doing it properly too. My cousin set up a big, dark, rectangular fish tank in his living room. Black sides with strange silver bits on the top. Felt like we were sat watching TV with a coffin in the room - really unsettling.