Hello from Newcastle!

Hello!

I'm the current owner of a rather lovely 07 plate Honda Civic Type R GT FN2 but I love the look of the 350z

I really fancy buying an 08 350Z in the summer but I'd really like to hear from anyone with experience of both cars to give me some comparisons and advice. I've yet to drive a 350z but what I love about the R is it's revvy engine, sensitive throttle response, and great handling. Will I enjoy the extra bhp the Z gives? Is there a massive difference to the handling of both cars?

This looks like a really friendly and helpful forum. I post a lot on Civinfo.com which is also full of great people.

I look forward to any advice and comparisons any of you may have.

Cheers, Paul, Newcastle :)

Welcome to the forum,

Can't comment on the civic but one thing I can tell you is once you have sat in a 350 turned the key and heard the engine there is no going back. I've driven some fun cars in the past but nothing compared to the zed.

I would recommend going along to one of the local meets and get to know the zeds, I'm sure someone will take you for a spin then I guarantee you will be on auto trader looking for a 350.

I am a great fan of hot hatches. Have had/driven some but not specifically the Civic Type R. From what I know/have read however I suspect that:

- you will notice the ride quality of the Z. For road driving the greater tolerance is a real bonus when pushing on, given the state of the roads.

- you can make decent progress lower down the rev range

- the Z will seem to respond better to a more delicate (less take it by the scruff of the neck) driving style

- there will be the obvious slow in/fast out versus foot on the floor and drag it round RWD vs FWD characteristics

- you will find the speed of the Z very deceptive - having come from Caterhams/Elise - I find myself looking at the speedo with some surprise/amazement (I think in hot hatches you tend to get more of an impression of speed). I had a flying bread van (Alfa 145 GCL) and I always thought I was going more quickly than I was.

- to me the Z feels like a very interesting, out of the ordinary, grand tourer - but then mine is completely standard

- dare I say you may feel more of a sense of occasion in the Z

Anyway - welcome to the forum.

Neil