New exhaust just need trustworthy place to install

Will370z

Well it seems lots of exhausts are cracking at the moment, mine included.

After seeing the Miltek exhausts that Jim, Dave and Graham had installed i couldnt resist and joined the Miltek posse.

Huge thanks for the lads for letting me come down and see / hear the process and to Sarah for getting hold of one for me.

Now i just need a trustworthy place to install it. Does anyone know anywhere near Guildford that is any good?

I contacted TGM who were recommended by a number of people but they earliest they could fit me in was the 26th :(. Not sure if the exhause will hold out that long with the temp fix that is there atm.

I also tried another local garage but when they asked "Sure we can do it, how many hours do you think it would take us?, is it a complicated exhaust as we havent done one before" it kind of put me off a little lol.

Cant wait to hear what it sounds like. As soon as someone recommends a trust worthy place i will get the exhaust sent direct to them and get it all sorted.

Regards

Will

Dont forget it will take time for the exhaust to settle in aswell, it wont sound its best straight away.

I had mine fitted saturday lunchtime, 95 mile drive home, another 300 miles since then and it's starting to sound even :cloud9:

Bit quiet with the standard airbox, but then I have been used to quite a bit more noise :scare:

K&N delivery hopefully tomorrow ;)

We can fit you in tomorrow , is the system fitted to your car the original? If so wont be a really quick job, but not major hassle?

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the quick repsonse. Would be great to have you guys put the exhaust on. It is the original exhaust so may take a little while getting off. I dont have the exhaust at the moment. I am waiting to find a place to do it then get Sarah to ship it direct to them. As you are approx 56 miles away it would be difficult for me to get the car to you during the week. Are you open weekends?

Will

Can sound out my guys at Total Tyres if you like Will, they're open til lunch time on Saturdays, they are just south of Dorking off the A24. :)

Well it seems lots of exhausts are cracking at the moment, mine included.

After seeing the Miltek exhausts that Jim, Dave and Graham had installed i couldnt resist and joined the Miltek posse.

Huge thanks for the lads for letting me come down and see / hear the process and to Sarah for getting hold of one for me.

Now i just need a trustworthy place to install it. Does anyone know anywhere near Guildford that is any good?

I contacted TGM who were recommended by a number of people but they earliest they could fit me in was the 26th :(. Not sure if the exhause will hold out that long with the temp fix that is there atm.

I also tried another local garage but when they asked "Sure we can do it, how many hours do you think it would take us?, is it a complicated exhaust as we havent done one before" it kind of put me off a little lol.

Cant wait to hear what it sounds like. As soon as someone recommends a trust worthy place i will get the exhaust sent direct to them and get it all sorted.

Regards

Will

Lol listen to all you girls I mean guys with ur old man exhausts. It's a midlife exhaust for all you oldies saving what's left of your hearing :lol:

Just kidding guys! I do like the miltek but didn't have the hooliganism I was looking for. Thanks to my decat'd nismo y'd scorpion my car currently breathes flames when giving it beans at the top end. Can wait to get the map sorted and have her running correctly.

Enjoy ur miltek group hug ladies :lol::blackeye::thumbs:

Lol listen to all you girls I mean guys with ur old man exhausts. It's a midlife exhaust for all you oldies saving what's left of your hearing :lol:

Just kidding guys! I do like the miltek but didn't have the hooliganism I was looking for. Thanks to my decat'd nismo y'd scorpion my car currently breathes flames when giving it beans at the top end. Can wait to get the map sorted and have her running correctly.

My midlife crisis started when I bought a big blue sports car last year :lol:

I'm a reformed hooligan Neil, and I have to admit I do miss it a little... At least now I don't scare old ladies in Sainsbury's car park.... well at least not till I get out of the car :scare:

I want a Milltek Group hug :group::byebye:

Darren, you can be an honoury member like Zugara :#2:

My midlife crisis started when I bought a big blue sports car last year :lol:

I'm a reformed hooligan Neil, and I have to admit I do miss it a little... At least now I don't scare old ladies in Sainsbury's car park.... well at least not till I get out of the car :scare:

I want a Milltek Group hug :group::byebye:

Darren, you can be an honoury member like Zugara :#2:

Lmao yup my k1 I had fitted for a week had the same problem lol, an asda worker called me a ****er when I started the car up in the underground car park. She shat herself lol. I imagine the miltek with hfc's will sound sweet as hell

Lmao yup my k1 I had fitted for a week had the same problem lol, an asda worker called me a ****er when I started the car up in the underground car park. She shat herself lol. I imagine the miltek with hfc's will sound sweet as hell

Funny you should mention that.... a group buy may be in the pipeline.... or high flow pipeline I should say :ninja: