New Exhaust, remap a must?

glrnet

Debateable :disguise:

I had my lower plenum mapped and made some nice numbers, it also improved my fuel economy (after mapping). So it's a choice factor I'd say. Mark will probably comment, although if it was me I'd buy something else that is performance related and have them both mapped :teeth::p

That's what I seem to do :bangin:

Yeah, my fuel economy improved too, my additions were plenum spacer and K & N Typhoon before the Uprev, now I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not but the car does seem slightly different, or I've convinced myself it is and it's actually not, it sound s differnt that's for sure :bang::surrender: Hey Ho, I'm sure Mark will be along soon, be nice to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing and what the outcome was :)

Debateable :disguise:

I had my lower plenum mapped and made some nice numbers, it also improved my fuel economy (after mapping). So it's a choice factor I'd say. Mark will probably comment, although if it was me I'd buy something else that is performance related and have them both mapped :teeth::p

That's what I seem to do :bangin:

Hi,

I have a buddy club pro spec exhaust on mine and a hks premium suction kit,took my car to power engineering last weekend and my car was down on power,269 bhp and 255ftlbs,they told me the ecu was over fueling and i would need to get a fuel pressure regulator,they expected a revised figure of 285bhp and 270ftlbs of tourqe,so there you go,performance mods stealing your power.

Hope this helps

I have a buddy club pro spec exhaust on mine and a hks premium suction kit,took my car to power engineering last weekend and my car was down on power,269 bhp and 255ftlbs,they told me the ecu was over fueling and i would need to get a fuel pressure regulator,they expected a revised figure of 285bhp and 270ftlbs of tourqe,so there you go,performance mods stealing your power.

Hope this helps

I Dont think they know what they are doing, the car runs a returnless fuel system , the fuel pressure reg is in the fuel tank.

Even if you did lower the fuel presure , the stock ECU will try to tweak the fuelling back to the stock AFR template.

Zugara , the Stock ECU will always tune back to the stock AFR template , these ECU,s dont self tweak , if you change the exhaust or what ever part , if the AFR is not what the ECU it will tweaks the difference out , this is the AFR correction , when you reset the ECU this removes the fuellig correction but the car will again tweak the fuel back to the AFR template map.

These cars always need the maps tweaking after fitting parts , the stock AFR template will need tweakingto get the best from the car.

Glrnet was a happier man after he left me on Tuesday :teeth:

I spoke to Graham straight after he left Abbey and he was indeed a VERY VERY happy man :teeth: It just goes to show that tuning is obviously a real skill and that sometimes even things that shouldn't make a difference can make a very big one.

I know that once my Zed is how I want it I will be making a beeline to Abbey to get my upRev :thumbs:

My Zed will be needing it's 90k service early in the New Year :surrender: So you will be giving an old girl a bit of new life :drive1