Off to Brazil later

Daryl

Well im flying out tonight to go work at the race over the weekend,not looking forward to leaving the Zed in the compound at work,though should be getting a nice car cover from ZMANALEX,which will be nice. B)

I hope to be bringing back the :#1::#2: trophies,which will mean that we win the constructors! :yahoo:

Iv been told that its a really nasty place to visit,and wev been advised to take off watches etc,and dont carry wallets,as the chance of getting mugged at gun point are pretty high,apparently. :headhurt:

Its going to be an experience,one way or another,il be stepping off the plane after 12 hours,then going straight to the track,where im fully expecting to be until the early hours of saturday morning,so its going to be a long one.

Have a good one though i will be rooting for Lewis this weekend :teeth:

Hope you are not flying there on the new A380 only it now appears that the Rolls-Royce jet engine is not all its cracked up to be ;):lol:

My mum told me this morning,that a Quantas plane lost its engine,she didnt say what plane though. Im a crack checker (no sniggers please),its part of the NDT i do,aswell as ultra sonics. Someone obviously missed a fecking big crack on that plane then,or they have the service schedule too far apart.

Hope you have a good weekend...................and your engines last the race.

Hope you are not flying there on the new A380 only it now appears that the Rolls-Royce jet engine is not all its cracked up to be ;):lol:

Hmmm...... all I can say having just booked tickets on a A380 to Oz and back for next year at least the airline I am with isn't using the Rolls Royce engines:

Quote from BBC news:

Other A380 operators Singapore Airlines, Air France-KLM, Lufthansa and Emirates reportedly said they had no plans to ground their fleets. Many use A380s equipped with jet engines built by a consortium Engine Alliance, unlike the Rolls-Royce motors used on Qantas A380s.

Well last year i went to Singapore,and got given a wad of cash,and 60kg of excess baggage,and then after a 12 hour flight,went into the track,walked for 30 mins with a huge box containing a front wing,this is was in the 80% humidity,through all the crowds etc. Not alot of fun. The teams dont get much sleep,normally only 1 nights sleep during the whole 4 days they are there. It looks very glamourous etc,but the guys work bloody hard out there.

Still cant wait to go though. Just finished washing the 350,and iv got my brake pads and car cover from ZMANALEX (thanks),so shes already for when i have to park her up in the compound at work.

Hope you have a good weekend...................and your engines last the race.

Hmmm...... all I can say having just booked tickets on a A380 to Oz and back for next year at least the airline I am with isn't using the Rolls Royce engines:

Quote from BBC news:

Other A380 operators Singapore Airlines, Air France-KLM, Lufthansa and Emirates reportedly said they had no plans to ground their fleets. Many use A380s equipped with jet engines built by a consortium Engine Alliance, unlike the Rolls-Royce motors used on Qantas A380s.

Only Air France and Emirates use the EA engine Col, if you are flying Singapore Airlines next year you will be RR powered ;)

Good luck bud :thumbs:. How is it that your going to Brazil to work on F1 cars and Im working nights tonight fixing crappy machinery? Where did I go wrong? :dry:. How did you end up getting into something like that? I have to say it would be one of my dream jobs, any electrical/mechanical engineers jobs going ;):lol: