Juddering when pulling away

elsmore

I recently purchased my Z, and it has developed a judder when pulling away. The judder is more pronounced when pulling away up a gradient. Has the clutch gone? It's difficult to judge how far the clutch peddle should be travelling, as I haven't had the car for long.

Cheers

I recently purchased my Z, and it has developed a judder when pulling away. The judder is more pronounced when pulling away up a gradient. Has the clutch gone? It's difficult to judge how far the clutch peddle should be travelling, as I haven't had the car for long.

Cheers

What rev's does this happen at? Like when do you start diss-engage the clutch pedal...

Pulling away around 1k revs it's ok, around 1.5k - 2k revs it judders, over 2k it seems ok.

Haha - I try not to slip the clutch!

Those replacements don't seem too expensive. Any idea what it might cost to get one fitted? It's outside my skillset, shall we say...

Pulling away around 1k revs it's ok, around 1.5k - 2k revs it judders, over 2k it seems ok.

Those replacements don't seem too expensive. Any idea what it might cost to get one fitted? It's outside my skillset, shall we say...

Circa £200.00 for fitting depending on location.

I paid about £200 in the SE to have clutch & flywheel fitted, both from Alex :thumbs:

mine does the same think its the flywheel nothing on the clutch sicne it's not slipping at all... a guess is that it's not balanced.. but not sure..

Interesting... I can pull away in 4th and I haven't noticed any other symptoms, so maybe you're on the right track.

• 1 year later...

Elsmore - did you get to the bottom of this problem? I have recently noticed my clutch doing this. I've got a 2007 313bhp model with 25,000 miles. Did you have to replace the clutch and flywheel?