Soot in my pipe...........

Zugara

Ok, I have noticed of late that one side, LHS when looking at rear, of my exhaust has more soot in the tail pipe than the RHS.

Has anyone any ideas why this could be. I have no tick-over issues, 500rpm steady, no difference in performance, no miss-firing and all seems fine with the engine.

Anyone know where i can get a decent tune up in Fareham area. Or at least get the car looked at by a decent motorhouse?

does the hks not connect anywhere on the way down from the cats? (pressure equalisation)

Not as far as I am aware, Straight run from the manifolds to the tips. I had this problem with my OEM one as well, but wasnt so noticable.

hmm lets just take a gamble and state that it could be the breather pipe for the intake pipe popping oil into the 1,2,3 cylinder and thus burning oil for the left exhaust pipe only?

(I'm guessing big time here...)

You could open the plenum and see if it's dirty with oil there... (ever cleaned it?) You could attach a oil catch can for the two breather hoses and see if it dissapears? Have you changed the plugs?

does the hks not connect anywhere on the way down from the cats? (pressure equalisation)

Not as far as I am aware, Straight run from the manifolds to the tips. I had this problem with my OEM one as well, but wasnt so noticable.

hmm lets just take a gamble and state that it could be the breather pipe for the intake pipe popping oil into the 1,2,3 cylinder and thus burning oil for the left exhaust pipe only?

(I'm guessing big time here...)

You could open the plenum and see if it's dirty with oil there... (ever cleaned it?) You could attach a oil catch can for the two breather hoses and see if it dissapears? Have you changed the plugs?

I have a spacer fitted and when I opened the plenum, it was really quite clean TBH.

Sparks have never been replaced as far as I am aware. I only have 19k on the clock though. :shrug:

I dont seem to be using any oil either.

Unless you have excessive oil consumption I wouldn`t worry about it, besides it would likely to be coming though a weak/damaged piston ring rather than through the plenum so check the tips of the plugs if your really worried. Personally as previously mentioned I would go with a dodgey CAT or perhaps the left hand silencer has fewer baffles in than the right one