Pressure Washers

ewan221

After noticing the snow foam post I went out today with the intention of buying a pressure washer - nobody told me there was so much choice and price difference :rant: £60 to £750 !!!!!!

All I want is one that can wash the car :D

Seen this is Tesco

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-6108.aspx

Is this ok ?

I do have quite a decent distance from the tap in back garden round to where car is parked at front of house, does this mean I should go with one witha higher presure ? will I need to buy an extension hose or similar ?

Only one good thing for a pressure washer........the Bin...... :evil:

Same as mine mate, I would spend your cash on some good cleaning products and have a lower water bill next year.

Yo may have guessed I HATE PRESSURE WASHERS. No matter what, they will stand in the garage unused for ever..... :rant:

Yo may have guessed I HATE PRESSURE WASHERS. No matter what, they will stand in the garage unused for ever..... :rant:

I dunno Paul, they seem to be quite good at cleaning the patio and washing out the wheelie bin now and again :lol::lol:

I dunno Paul, they seem to be quite good at cleaning the patio and washing out the wheelie bin now and again :lol::lol:

Yes JIm your quite correct,and thats their limitation IMO. Why would you wanna blast particles of grit into your paint work? Beats me.... :shrug:

Only one good thing for a pressure washer........the Bin...... :evil:

Same as mine mate, I would spend your cash on some good cleaning products and have a lower water bill next year.

+1 go spend your £££ on some good cleaning products :snack:

Yes JIm your quite correct,and thats their limitation IMO. Why would you wanna blast particles of grit into your paint work? Beats me.... :shrug:

Snow foam :bangin:

My karcher is nearly ten years old, sits outside unprotected and hasn't missed a beat since purchasing. It was £300 when it came out so it was fairly decent. I find it brilliant for giving the car a good soak, getting rid of the dead bugs and giving the alloys, brakes and wheel arches a VERY good clean. It also is very handy for rinsing the car quickly. Not only that but I found it extra handy for clearing the autumn leaves as the jet power sends them over next doors hedge :lol:

I could live without one but it's one of those handy tools for getting rid of the grass/moss that grows between the paving in the back garden. Worked a treat. Oh ands it's great for cleaning out the BBQ :thumbs::lol:

My karcher is nearly ten years old, sits outside unprotected and hasn't missed a beat since purchasing. It was £300 when it came out so it was fairly decent. I find it brilliant for giving the car a good soak, getting rid of the dead bugs and giving the alloys, brakes and wheel arches a VERY good clean. It also is very handy for rinsing the car quickly. Not only that but I found it extra handy for clearing the autumn leaves as the jet power sends them over next doors hedge :lol:

I could live without one but it's one of those handy tools for getting rid of the grass/moss that grows between the paving in the back garden. Worked a treat. Oh ands it's great for cleaning out the BBQ :thumbs::lol:

You'll be washing the Mrs with it soon :lol:

:D all I asked was this a decent pressure washer :p:p

Seriously though I thought that snowing the car first was way to go ????

It's ok go for it if you want the t racer for the floor otherwise get a nilfisk.

Yes snowing is the way to go. Lil shampoo lil snow foam and water. :thumbs:

:D all I asked was this a decent pressure washer :p:p

Seriously though I thought that snowing the car first was way to go ????

It won't be the best in the world, at that price, although for the money it is good value. Like I say I paid £300 for my one years ago, I am running 130bar.

Hi, check the professional detailers sites, some use them some dont, they will say that its the person using them that the problem, stand and watch the high street washers and you will see what I mean, dont copy anything they do.

They are too close and washing at the wrong angle i.e. jetting water straight on to the panels, you should always spray at an angle that hits the crud at a shallow angle hence washing it away. Spraying straight on will force the particles on to the surface. I watched them washing a nice black SLK around the wheels at a distance of less than a foot and they blew off the centre wheel cap clear of, they are permanently attached to the wheel.

You do not need high pressure and the karcher will do the job and you can get snow foam attachments for them, if you have the money then I agree the nilfisk is the better washer. You do need a washer if you want to snow foam.

Remember though its the user not the machine, also never final rinse with one always sheet your water. :wave: