dented hanzo!

Greekman

Went to Rs tuning yesterday for a run on the dyno as the car felt running a bit lean low. Plus check the difference between the nismo filters i had before and the k&n i v got now on the nismo intakes.

Before i start i will say that it looks that low and middle the car has lost a bit (2-3 bhp) bhp and torque with the K&N filters. :dry:

Car went on the dyno Paul has a look and turns to me nodding no no!!

What? whats up?

Cant do a full run m8. Your rear right rim is f@@@ed!!!

Had a look myself as the wheel was running on the rollers. :scare::scare::scare:

It was drawing ss !!! I could even see the car wobbling about.

Bugger!!!

I was at the tyre place the day before as i remembered hitting a pot hole with the front left and had it balanced. The car was very jerky at over 80-90mph before. after balancing i could still feel something wasnt exactly right but the tremor was hardly noticeable on the road.

I memember clipping that rear rim a couple of times but it was only clipping on the edge!!! how can i have twisted the full outer disk horizontally??? If it was vertical i would say fair enough...pot holes....but horizontally??? :surrender:

Now i am taking it to the tyre shop as he said they will reheat and reshape it.....but will it be safe? will it be perfect???

I love the fact that my zed is not speed limited any more.....but i dont wanna die..... :bang::bang:

the road fault has to be reported 3 time i think before any claims can be made... something crazy like that but the chances are slim of getting any money. Id call the manufacturer and say the wheel has bent and if they could do something with it or offer a replacement at cost with a discount

Might also be worth taking a picture of a random (deep) pothole in the road and sending the bill to the council!!

+1 ....... its always worth a go :thumbs:

It's up to you to claim the Council were negligent in not repairing the hole.

And as the wheel is probably cast alloy, then no, it's not repairable.

Might also be worth taking a picture of a random (deep) pothole in the road and sending the bill to the council!!

+1 ....... its always worth a go :thumbs:

It's up to you to claim the Council were negligent in not repairing the hole.

And as the wheel is probably cast alloy, then no, it's not repairable.

it wasnt a pothole. although we ve got millions of those in hull. ;)

thanks for the last comment...you made my day... :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry about your woes Chris. These things happen. I had a very slow collision(5-10mph) with a kerb in a non-gritted hospital car park last december and i was shocked at the damage to the tyre, wheel and front lip. Cost me £500+ by the time all repairs were done :thumbdown: i did get a discount for the wheel from Wolfrace :clap:

I would'nt attempt any sort of repair on a bent cast alloy wheel like said already :scare: Speak with Dotz or their UK rep and i'm sure you can get the wheel replaced @ a discount :D

Get a set of bitching wheels! :teeth::teeth:

Personally I feel the dotz let your car down.

how much more can i spend on the zed??? :dry:

then again it has crossed my mind...more because of the weight of those hanzos as they look really B) at night... and i mostly drive the car at night ;)

plus the brake dust doesnt show much either and i get loads of it!!!