Flakey bass.... Bose GT setup..

slimjim

Apart from the fact that my my head unit won't play CD's when the car is running.... :angry:

My damn bass keeps cutting in and out when using the tape converter with my iPod! :rant:

Is this a known issue?

I know the front speakers cutting in/out is a know one... as is the skipping head unit (Basically, I need a NEW head unit!)

but will that solve my bass issues too? Or will it be a sub or amp issue?

What I REALLY want to do, is put in an iPod head unit, which will work with my sheering wheel controls and my bluetooth setup...

And be able to have a decent sound.

So I guess that i a new amp and new speakers as well. But I want it all to be STEALTH... look totally standard (Bar the HU, obviously)

Has anyone done a decent STEALTH install?

Sheering wheel

:lol: :lol: i know its simple but the idea of that pronounced like jim carey in cable guy is hilarious :lol:

im with you really in the sense i want a HU that looks stock but is of decent quality. ive been looking at a pioneer but they always have to go put a bit shiney bit on it :dry: also i need colour variation so it matches however i have the dials at that point in time.

really in the mean time just bin the cassete crap and do the bose hack :thumbs:

Thats what put me off doing an upgrade. Ive got a Genesis amp and some Rainbow speakers kicking around from a previous install but cant face the havok of ripping out the HU just to fit one that sticks out or doesn look at least oem-ish.

(plus im tight) :lol:

Sheering wheel

:lol: :lol: i know its simple but the idea of that pronounced like jim carey in cable guy is hilarious :lol:

im with you really in the sense i want a HU that looks stock but is of decent quality. ive been looking at a pioneer but they always have to go put a bit shiney bit on it :dry: also i need colour variation so it matches however i have the dials at that point in time.

really in the mean time just bin the cassete crap and do the bose hack :thumbs:

YYYYEEESSSSHHHHH SHHHIIRRR! :D

Will get round to the iPod hack ASAP.

Im off down to Bath tonight 150 mile drive... would be nice if I could know if there is a "quick fix" for the bass....

Other than setting fire to it ;)

Thats what put me off doing an upgrade. Ive got a Genesis amp and some Rainbow speakers kicking around from a previous install but cant face the havok of ripping out the HU just to fit one that sticks out or doesn look at least oem-ish.

(plus im tight) :lol:

its not too bad to install on the 350 :) i've done a few now