38 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Take down details and go through insurance
    • Ignore it and get the work done yourself
    • Contact the police and report them for criminal damage
    • Tit for tat
    • Lose the plot
    • Other

This can be a sensitive subject so i am not asking for your opinion, I want a poll outcome. Your vote is anonymous so please just tick a box.

The scenario would be if someone opened their door into yours whilst you were sat in your car, they denied it, started shouting at you and then walked away.

*Edit* We are talking about you being in your Zed.

As i said, your answer is anonymous so please just be honest :thumbs:

Interesting response so far.....

I would have chosen one or two - but if the scenario is that of their denial - I have made my honest opinion.

I think you should also update your thread line with the date of your "poll for the day" - that way we can see which poll's are new and old etc! :thumbs:

Interesting response so far.....

I would have chosen one or two - but if the scenario is that of their denial - I have made my honest opinion.

I think you should also update your thread line with the date of your "poll for the day" - that way we can see which poll's are new and old etc! :thumbs:

The date is in the thread title :shrug:

He's such a window licking noob, you can be allocated his new carer. Make sure he doesn't escape!

:lol::lol:

Was the date already in there..... heck man I'm tired.... p***ed off with work, heck hope I don't end up selling the car and buying a smart car.... then things would be bad.... :lol:

Had to make a similar choice the other day when a 'friend' took the hike and after she got out of my other car (MG ZS 2.5v6) she kicked the passenger door a few times and proper bent it.

I just drove away. But then i thought what if.....the Zed...OMG!!!

I can openly say that i have never hit a girl in my life and never been into a street fight since i was 21 (loads of fights on the mat only)........

but in any occasion where the Zed is involved and no responsibility is taken i would break the limb that caused the damage on my knee and record the video on my phone!!! and this post can be used as a statement by the police!

respect for each others property is part of our democracy and freedom. and so is respect for each other. they dont respect my property i dont respect them. :dry:

then again if the responsible limb is attached to a 21 stone ex convict then there may be grounds for civilized negotiations ;):lol:

I'd be kicking a nice big lump out of their door unless a) it's already a complete shed and the extra dent won't make any difference, or B) they're much bigger than me.

Simple as that, and I wouldn't give a damn if it was a woman or an old person.

I'd be kicking a nice big lump out of their door unless a) it's already a complete shed and the extra dent won't make any difference, or B) they're much bigger than me.

Simple as that, and I wouldn't give a damn if it was a woman or an old person.

agree once again... :scare:

but then they may kick another one on your car!!! it has to be a KO in my opinion...or a knock down at least giving you plenty of time to hide the Zed!!! ;)

Guys, I appreciate what you're saying but I'm really not after opinions or details on what you would do. I just want a clear out come with the Poll to see what the majority would do. As soon as people start going into detail, it could get heated as its a sensitive subject. I really don't want this thread to be locked and deleted before the outcome tomorrow. :thumbs:

It's one of those that's hard to answer really unless you have ever been in the situation and even then it depends on your own mood etc.

I voted for the Insurance route as if I did anything else I would worry about retribution, there are too many complete nutters out there who will chase after you just for cutting them up let alone anything else...

In the Z - I'd probably call police & get them done for criminal damage :)

In my company car - I'd open my door into theirs pretty hard (have done this before when someone has done it to me & walked off claiming they never :blush: )

Slightly different scenario....Going back a few years I parked my XR3i in a supermarket car well away from other cars (as I always do). When I returned there was a white Marina parked next to me and a dint in my door, so big that it had the Marina's paint in it, in fact it was more of a crease than a dint. Well, kicking the door would have been pointless as it had wave like dints the whole length of the car, it wasn't so much a shed as a wreck. I'm not saying what I did, use your imagination :dry: . When I took the car to body shop the guy said it was impossible to pull out and that my best bet was to stick some of those rubber side protectors on which would cover the crease, so that's what I did.

Pete