Pioneer AVIC F910 BT ??

Simon+Kat

Hi guys, anybody had experience with one of these? is it suitable for connecting to the exsisting 'Bose' speakers and sub? would i be able to hook it up to the steering wheel controls? Is music sound quality good, and would i need to boost it because of low volume?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-AVIC-F910 ... 4cf182d824

Cheers buddies, Simon.

Don't have any personal experience of this model, however, I did upgrade to a lesser spec Pioneer unit with Navi in my van. I thought i would need an amp etc but the sound quality of the Pioneer on its own was adequate for me. I guess it's all a matter of personal taste, I was thinking about upgrading the Bose in the Zed to another Pioneer unit and the advice I was given was that any additional kit was not entirely necessary as the Pioneer would improve the sound quality over the Bose considerably. My suggestion, therefore would be give it a try and then decide if you want to spend any more. As far as I know you can integrate with the steering wheel controls, have a look at Car Audi Direct, they tell you exactly what you require but shop around as they are not the cheapest.

Hope this helps a bit, no doubt there are people on here with far more knowledge than me, they'll be along soon I expect. :D

Cheers glrnet, i imagined it should improve the sound on its own, but wondered if anyone knew this model in particular. This i.c.e. stuff confuses the s**t out of me! the more i read the less i understand :bang:

Pioneer stuff is usally decent when it comes to sq but considering you not running an external amp its not really a problem unless you have been running a naki or a mac.

You could use the bose amp but you will need something like the pac reom 2 or something that connects the bose amp to your headunit using the rca's ( red and white phono looking leads). As for the steering wheel control you will need a patch lead to make the contol work with the headunit.

:thumbs:

IIRC BulletMagnet has that unit in his Zed :thumbs:

I have the F900BT, but I believe that the units are essentially the same.

I followed srobriens install thread and was fairly straight forward.

If you are confused however, maybe it is worth going to a professional for the install. If I was close I'd be willing to help.

Cheers BulletMagnet, i might give it a try if you think it's fairly straight forward then. Thanks for the offer of help aswell but i live on the southcoast so its a bit far. Did you keep the stock Bose speakers/sub/amp? and are you happy with the sound quality?

Cheers, Simon.

only changed the headunit, kept Bose speakers and amps. sound is ok, not an audiophile myself :)

you might need to get some in line boosters, because on some headunits the volume levels drop, but it's something that can be added later if needed.

For steeping wheel controls I phoned ICT directly, because at the time ICT released an updated cable which Sextons didn't have.

Also worth mentioning that Sextons sent me the wrong fasia, but ICT Direct did.

If the GPS setup is the same as the F900BT, then pick a good spot for the signal receiver, mine is under the triple gauges.

Anything else just ask, if I don't know, I'm sure somebody else will