Advice needed? Good b&b in lakes

stanski

Hi

Can anyone recommend a nice area and reasonable b&b Or small hotel in the Lakes to stop over a couple of nights?

Remember we have a 7 month old baby with us so its more a few short walks ( with pram) buy mainly sticky buns and cups of tea etc but please nothing chavvy or Blackpoolesque!! I've stayed in Ambleside but really fancy a change?

Many thanks in advance

Stayed at both The Royal at Dockray on Ullswater and the Swinside Inn, Newlands Derwentwater, on lads walking weekends both were good, good beer and food.

thanks mate - but is it baby friendly or will it have lots of Lads weekends there? :lol::drunk:

Don't think I'll be much good for b&b's mate, we just go home in the evening! :lol: Unless you are wanting to stay over this side of course, it's well well away from the honeypots.

When are you thinking of coming up? I know a great place for tea and cakes ;)

Hey Stan,

We stayed at the Newstead Inn in on New Road i think in Windermere last month.

It was apparently a 5 star B&B but i thought it was fairly average to be honest. Nothing special. It was nice old fashioned decor but our room was too small - however they did offer rooms with 4-poster beds etc, but i didnt see them. The owner was very nice though and basically listed every point of interest and restaurant to eat at!

However the reason we chose that place was that for £5 each per day you got a pass to a health spa which was 5 miles away... it was pretty nice with a pool, sauna, outdoor hot tub etc....

Location was excellent - 2mins walk from the center of Windermere.

We hired a little motorboat too while we were there... 2 hours on the water for £36 which i thought was alright...!