Hello from Rainy Bournemouth

Hi All,

I live in Bournemouth and am currently driving a 2008 BMW 320i. Not a bad car but doesn't get the heart racing. I've got a few nice extras/essentials Bluetooth, full iPod integration, HiFi stereo. I've been thinking of getting something a lot faster for some time and come down to the following shortlist

Golf GTI

TT

350z

Obviously the 350z has got great looks and performance but the ICE really puts me off!!!! I had resigned myself to waiting until the 370z used cars come down in value but I noticed that one of the forum members does a custom sat-nav/media player. This has reawakened my interest and so I have joined the forum to try and find out a bit more.

Cheers

Ray

Hi,

I have the best of both worlds.

My wife has a Golf GTI which she lets me drive, and I have a 350Z which only I drive !

As for the poor standard ICE, there are lots of options to replace it - just do a search.

I fitted a small PC in the rear cubby and a touchscreen in the front one. This way I can have mp3, dvd's and Sat Nav all in one unit. :)

S.

hi and welcome to you from sunny poole,nr bournemouth lol

#

mate dont let the sound system put you off.there loads out there you can change it for.to be honest i ve got a 54 gt and i ve change the h/u but don t really use it as i prefer to listen to that lovely v6 up front.lol

hope you fined a z shortly m8.

hi and welcome to you from sunny poole,nr bournemouth lol

#

mate dont let the sound system put you off.there loads out there you can change it for.to be honest i ve got a 54 gt and i ve change the h/u but don t really use it as i prefer to listen to that lovely v6 up front.lol

hope you fined a z shortly m8.

+1! You won't use the sound system much! :lol:

:welcome: too!

Welcome along! I'm pretty new here too.

Go for the 350, I had similar choices to yours and I used this thought to help figure out which car I really wanted:

'If I bought this car then drove past a 350z, would I feel sad?' .....

So I ended up with a 350 and I'm very happy :)

Welcome to the Forum!!

I'm from Ferndown so not far from you.

My last car was a BMW aswell, 330ci M sport. I loved the car but it didn't put a smile on my face like the zed does, didn't sound as good either :)

I think the Bose sounds good enough for a car stereo especially as the Sub is right behind the drivers seat. The only thing its lacking is an IPOD connection, although you could always replace the head-unit like others have said.

The SAT-NAV is ok, better than the BMW one i had but not as good as a TOMTOM especially as you can't enter postcodes.

In comparing the other cars, i'd say the 350z or TT. My mum has an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro which is a nice car but isn't as quick or fun to drive as the 350z. The new model TT might be better though.

If you want to have a look at my mine let me know, its a Black 06 with Sat Nav, bluetooth etc

Welcome to the Forum!!

I'm from Ferndown so not far from you.

My last car was a BMW aswell, 330ci M sport. I loved the car but it didn't put a smile on my face like the zed does, didn't sound as good either :)

I think the Bose sounds good enough for a car stereo especially as the Sub is right behind the drivers seat. The only thing its lacking is an IPOD connection, although you could always replace the head-unit like others have said.

The SAT-NAV is ok, better than the BMW one i had but not as good as a TOMTOM especially as you can't enter postcodes.

In comparing the other cars, i'd say the 350z or TT. My mum has an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro which is a nice car but isn't as quick or fun to drive as the 350z. The new model TT might be better though.

If you want to have a look at my mine let me know, its a Black 06 with Sat Nav, bluetooth etc

Thanks for the offer. I may well take you up on it but want to keep it quiet from the boss at this stage so it may have to be a stealth meeting. ;)

Thanks to everybody else as well for your comments

:welcome: from SUNNY Swanage, Get yourself a Zed mate, as ryan and buster said you can always upgrade the sound system.and if you like the hairdresser look go for a TT.but after driving the Zed you will see the appeal of owning one. Not many around and gets lots of attention. pop over and you can have a spin in mine Dave :thumbs:

:welcome: from SUNNY Swanage, Get yourself a Zed mate, as ryan and buster said you can always upgrade the sound system.and if you like the hairdresser look go for a TT.but after driving the Zed you will see the appeal of owning one. Not many around and gets lots of attention. pop over and you can have a spin in mine Dave :thumbs:

Thanks Dave that's a very generous offer. Glad to see that their are plenty of local (to me) members.

I found my "Tape Adapter" from the 90s so I will now be able to listen to my iPod. It's obviously meant to be!

Just on the lookout now for a 2007 model with sat-nav and Bluetooth if such a thing exists.

PS

I actually am a hairdresser "Raymondo of Charminster" :lol:

Thanks Dave that's a very generous offer. Glad to see that their are plenty of local (to me) members.

I found my "Tape Adapter" from the 90s so I will now be able to listen to my iPod. It's obviously meant to be!

Just on the lookout now for a 2007 model with sat-nav and Bluetooth if such a thing exists.

PS

I actually am a hairdresser "Raymondo of Charminster" :lol:

you can buy an adaptor for the ipod that you plug into the ipod and tune to a radio frequencey and it plays straight over the cars system, I have had one for years and its brilliant, bought it on fleebay :thumbs:

Hi,

So the Nurrish Nav is fairly good in your opiniion? I promised myself built in nav in my next car but am not fussed whether it is OEM.

I like the idea of a roadster but am not so keen on the sun beating down on me. I am a creature of the night!

Cheers

Boyd

Hi,

So the Nurrish Nav is fairly good in your opiniion? I promised myself built in nav in my next car but am not fussed whether it is OEM.

I like the idea of a roadster but am not so keen on the sun beating down on me. I am a creature of the night!

Cheers

Boyd

Gaz has the nurrish satnav built in and it is a very nice bit of kit for the 300 quid he paid. :thumbs:

How annoying!!!!!!

I had my eye on a 57 plate that was for sale 15 miles away but it appears to have been sold. It was a GT with factory fitted sat-nav and was going for £15,750. I was planning to look at it today as I am just back from holiday but it has gone.

:angry::angry: