New member saying hello. *Update bottom of page 1*

Hi, :wave:

Thought I'd introduce myself. Originally an Essex boy now living in Norfolk, I'm considering a 350z for my next car and have come here to read and learn a bit about them to help me decide.

I'm currently driving a 6 speed manual twin turbo Supra running around 400bhp. I've had it for 5 years now and fancy a change.

I have always been into zeds since I was a nipper due to my dad having a '78 260z (which was the first car I ever fell in love with) a 280zx, a Z31 300zx and a Z32 300zx. I myself had a Z32 300zx n/a for 7 years until I sold it last year due to not having enough room to keep it alongside the Supra.

I absolutely LOVE the look of the 350, particularly with the Nismo kit and a nice set of wheels. I test drove an early 350z (276hp) last year and although being a lovely place to sit and it handling very nicely I was a little under-whelmed with its performance and decided it wasn't for me.

Anyway, a year has past and again I fancy a change and a 350z is near the top of the list again so I'm considering my options.

I'm liking the idea of a supercharged or turbo'd 350, so I'm gonna spend a bit of time on here reading and researching into whether I would be best buying one already done or buying a 'stockish' one and converting it as and when I feel necessary.

I'm also wondering if the difference in power between the earlier and later engines can really be felt on the road? Maybe a later one would keep me satisfied for a while?

Thanks, Sam

(sorry for the long jackenory)

Welcome to the forum Sam. :wave: The older models have a bit more torque and less weight, the newer ones, more weight, but less torque and more hp. Varies according to year. So really a much of a muchness. Just find a Zed with the spec's you want.

Seems you are destined to own another Zed given the Z family history. :thumbs::D

• 1 month later...

Welcome mate! I have similar taste in zeds to you and managed get a hold of the nismo kitted zed. Never regretted paying that little bit more for the look

Speak to a few boys on here who are running turbo's and superchargers. Can be a costly mod for the zed, limited number of single turbo kits, more popular twin turbo kits and vortech supercharger kits.

ZMANALEX has the fastest zed on the forum running around 600hp at the wheels.

The standard engine has been talked about on here alot and the pro's reckon 400hp at the flywheel is the recommend max, unsure what the torque max is though.

:welcome: nice choice of car, beats paying ££££'s for the supercharger upgrade.

I'd be interested to know why the light came on...hope you get it sorted easily. take a trip over to JapFest on Sunday?

Thanks. I would have loved to do the conversion myself for the satisfaction, but just couldn't justify the extra £ks.

I did alot of reading on here and used the manual method to read my error codes. They came back as 420 and 430 ie 'catalyst system'. Should be nothing serious I hope. I reset them. I have done 3 to 400 miles and they have come back 3 times, nearly always when at WOT.

I assume because of the SC and decats the sensors are getting too much flow. I haven't been able to check if there are the spacers fitted to the sensors yet, but will next time I'm under the car.

I would have loved to come to Japfest and say hello to a few members but I'm offshore at the moment. :console: