Cancelling BT

nixy

I have just requested the cancellation of my phone line and broadband. I am moving house soon and as I just had a bill last week I thought i'd pay up then get it cancelled and decide what i want to do at the other house in my own time after i've settled in. I have internet access at work and on my Blackberry so won't be stuck in the meantime. The robbing gits are charging me £25 to cut off my broadband! However, if I go to a different supplier they don't charge it!

I haven't had any problems with the actual facility from BT but i do think its expensive and their customer service line is the only one that makes me want to throw the phone out of the window after i've been round and round and round and round all the menus..........

Any decent phone/broadband suppliers you can recommend for the future would be welcome.

" When you end your broadband service and do not request and use a migration authorisation code (MAC) or another recognised transfer process to move to another service provider you will have to pay a cease charge of £25.00. "

I think I will be too poor to have Sky or i would have done that. I'm thinking of a freeview plus box.

I think Sky are doing £20 a month for everything TV/Phone & Broadband. It's almost certainly the basic channels (probly same as freeview) basic phone package and basic Broadband, quick but limited to 2GB a month I think. Might be worth a look, you can always add and take channels & phone options off as you want then.

If you are in a cable area go for virgin.

The freeview plus box is pretty good tbh and once you've paid for it thats it. bear in mind your tv will give you freeview anyway and there's enough on freeview unless your a tv addict.

Or a football addict :teeth:

I expect Nixy will be happy with all the cookery shows on freeview and the shopping channels :lol:

just get a TV with freeview HD built in and ethernet plug in back, should see you fine without need for extra channels and so can go for a more basic phone/internet package.

Thats what I'm planning on doing when I get into my new house - that's my excsue to the gf why I NEED a new 40 inch telly :teeth:

Or a football addict :teeth:

I expect Nixy will be happy with all the cookery shows on freeview and the shopping channels :lol:

If you knew me you would realise how funny that comment is! :p

I don't watch masses of TV so freeview is fine for me and it is already built into my TV - the only thing i miss since i cancelled my sky subscription is the sky+ recording facility.