Electric problem with washers front and rear

daveg7362

Hi guys my front and rear windscreen washers stopped working a few weeks ago, I have read the forum for possible fixes, I have checked the 4th fuse down behind the battery that's fine, so I've took off the wheel to get access to the washer motors, this is what i found.

With pumps connected i have live feed to both sides of the motor, When i activate the washers one of the feeds goes off? this happens both front and rear if i disconnect the plug i only have one live feed as when fitted I had 2, ???? I have got both pumps off and wired them up to 12v nothing happens.

Is it just that the pumps need replacing open circuit?

thanks for looking

Dave :bangin:

Thanks for your comment,

I have done this as my 12v tester has a bulb. one end goes on earth the other end goes into connection if there is power the light comes on,

I would have thought it would only have live feed to one side then when i press washers the other side comes live?

Dave :surrender:

Simple test to check you circuit.. Wire up a 12v bulb to the washer plug and see if it lights up when you do the washers thing. :shrug:

Dave,

If you are bench testing from a 12v battery and the pumps do not spin, then you definately have faulty pumps mate.

Alex.

Both mine went within a month of each other, complete pain taking it all apart again.

At least you can do both yours in one hit.