Changing Gear knob

gazhull8474

Am i being a KNOB myself trying to change one as i cant seem to get my old one off. I have tried the guide on here but doesnt seem to work mine is an import not sure if this makes a difference on the mounting off it. I bought the new nismo one of muddy but cant get the old one off.

Any help would be very grateful before the whole car gets wrecked in a moment of madness lol.

My guess would be a previous owner had the knob off before and has threadlocked itback on . Take the surround off so you can get dime mole grips or alike directly to the base of the shaft to hold it and probably a helper to undo the knob .

My guess would be a previous owner had the knob off before and has threadlocked itback on . Take the surround off so you can get dime mole grips or alike directly to the base of the shaft to hold it and probably a helper to undo the knob .

+1 Get a friend to hold the shaft steady ( you don't want it twisting and damaging the box) and use 2 hands to turn the knob :thumbs: