Hole in A-pillar rubber seal on Roadster

Ekona

A few months ago I was driving along with the roof down whilst it was pissing down with rain quite happily (as you do), staying perfectly dry as i was well above 40mph, until I felt a drip on my right knee. Then another one. And another one. Bugger. Tried opening and closing the window to remake the seal, and also a very brief stop to open and close the door, but nothing worked. The water was getting in and dripping down about halfway down the A-pillar, not a lot but enough to be irritating. Gave up and ignored it and the sun came out so I stopped worrying.

Fast forward to yesterday when the heavens opened big time and the exact same thing happened again. Decided that it was probably worth a bit of investigation this time and ran my hand up the outside on the rubber itself, and into the grooved flap/channel at the top (roadster owners will know what I mean, not sure if it's there on the coupe) and BINGO! My finger slipped straight into a hole in the rubber right at the bottom of the channel, where the fold is.

:( Bugger :(

I'm going to try and superglue the whole thing together again tomorrow and see if that works, but failing that it looks like I'll be needing an entire new rubber to replace it. I dare say that's not going to be cheap from Nissan either, but I can't go without my regular roof-down-raining drives, it wouldn't be right!

I dont think supaglue is waterproof, and will peel away again when wet.Also it will harden and become unflexible.

As you may or may not know, i had splitting roof material right behind my drivers seat and i bought some of this

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhesiv ... 420/p55262

Which i stuck too the roof material using evo-stick, seems to be holding for the moment.

I have plenty that i can send you too try out if you like.

Superglue (proper Loctite stuff) is resistant to moisture and freezing so should work fine, trouble is where the split is it's nigh-on impossible to get anything else in there to sort it really. If not then I'll chuck a tube of clear silicone in there, that'll definitely hold the bloody water at bay! :lol:

Update times! :D

Superglue did bugger all (yeah yeah, you told me so! :p ) so I had proper play with it this morning. I poured a crap load of water right into the hole and it ran straight out down the bottom, just like it's supposed to. This was after I'd fiddled with the central part of the seal, so I think that's where my problem lies: Not sitting in properly. If that's the case, then it's not really an issue at all and I can live with it (especially since it now seems to be fixed).

Out of curiosity I had a look at the one on the pax side, and it turns out it's got the exact same tear in it, so I wonder if it's by design? Would any fellow roadster owners like to do me a favour and go and check theirs if they get a chance please? :)