Starting problems 2008 zed...advice appreciated!

spj123

On a few occasions over the last week or so, when I've tried to start the engine there has started to be an increasingly long delay between the final turn of the key and the engine starting - though it's not trying to turn over or struggling to start, it just does absolutely nothing at all then starts after a second or two. Then a couple of times it has done nothing at all and hasn't started. If I leave it for a few seconds then try again it then just starts perfectly normally. Its a 2008 and I've had the car about 6 months and it's only started doing this in the last week.

Any thoughts, anyone had something similar? Planning to take into the dealer but would be nice to have an idea of what it could be first.

Many thanks!!

Steve.

Neilp, Nacotix - thank you, much appreciated. I've just tried the spare key and it did start first time so that's possibly it - I'll carry on with that key for now and see if that sorts it permanently -if not then the crank position sensor sounds plausible...thanks again!!

Neilp, Nacotix - thank you, much appreciated. I've just tried the spare key and it did start first time so that's possibly it - I'll carry on with that key for now and see if that sorts it permanently -if not then the crank position sensor sounds plausible...thanks again!!

no probs mate hope it solves it and only needs a keyfob battery

Usually when the key fob battery is getting a bit tired, you may have issues even trying to open the door and disarm the alarm, let alone trying to start the car.

I had something similar on my Zed a while back ...

Turned out to be Crank Position Sensor ... but I did have a CEL on which helped me diagnose the fault ...

The older/original model 350's are known for faulty Crank Position Sensors, but not so sure about the later model ones. I'm happy to stand corrected though. :thumbs: