Lake district boat hire or similar activities?

marzman

Hi guys,

Im off work this week and the fiance and i are heading up to the lake district tomorrow for a few days. I've never been before and dont know much about it. Im staying right by Windermere.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to hire a boat from? I fancy a bit of relaxing boat action. Also, im aware of the speed restrictions on Windermere so was wondering if any other nearby lakes offer better boating/possibly jetskiing options...?

I've been googling for a while and most of the sites seem out of date, so cant get much useful info...

Cheers!

You can hire rowing boats and little low power engined fibreglass jobs from Bowness on Windermere. Speed wise, I think Coniston is the main lake for fast stuff, although Mr. Mac may be able to confirm that.

Are you calling round for tea and biccies? :D

Hi Chris, due to the green element I think Coniston has a speed limit of 10mph now and all the lakes are about the same. I will check if there is anywhere you can jet ski and get back to you.

The Gondola on Coniston is a nice relaxing trip if you fancy it.

There are plenty of small craft for hire at Bowness and Windemere.

Will post up later in the day, having enough of driving my boat at the moment. :surrender:

I rented a 8 person boat at Bowness. Was a good giggle with a few beers but the boats are all electric and cost £24 for the first hour and decent deals for longer. Was a slow cruise but worth it on a sunny day! :thumbs:

Well, im back from the lakes... i managed to rent a little motorboat - 2 hours for £36, which wasn't too bad. :boat:

I didnt look for any jetskiing as we didnt really have the weather, so we spent most of the time in the spa there, which was nice!

I did keep my eye out for you Mart, but i didnt spot a single zed the whole time. :shrug:

38586_414403781085_520726085_5320856_1749752_n.jpg

38659_414404881085_520726085_5320878_6147409_n.jpg

Is that one of the convertible boats with the sliding roofs?

My family rented one of them when I was about 7. We got attacked by a mentalist swan and had to slide the roof shut! Never liked swans since! :lol::lol:

Is that one of the convertible boats with the sliding roofs?

My family rented one of them when I was about 7. We got attacked by a mentalist swan and had to slide the roof shut! Never liked swans since! :lol::lol:

Yep, its a sliding roof boat. I almost found that out with a you've been framed moment... Joelle was driving and i was stood up, leaning back on the sliding part, when it slid back with my weight and i almost landed on my arse! :blush:

I see you got a real good lookin' driver :teeth:

Thankyou, good sir. :D