I may be leaving...or am I??

UNABASHED

Due to a recent change my work and living circumstances it looks like I may well be saying goodbye to the zed. I've seen a few threads recently where people have been saying the same and they have come back from the brink - please tell me how you managed this!!

I'm not getting rid because of marriage or children but as my other half lives and works close to Liverpool and I now work and live in Leeds we are buying separate houses so that by the time we get closer again (a while!) we will have to assets to work with. I will more than likely be buying a small apartment as the other half is getting a house.

I will be putting this off for as long as humanly possible but in the meantime I will be getting the zed into a perfect condition for any prospective buyer.

we've looked at that option but it to further complicate things the other half has a very ill family member that she cannot be too far away from and it would mean me having a 2.5hr commute everyday - that would then make the zed too expensive as a daily runner.

Im constantly on the brink

Non working partner, a baby and a house move are taking its toll financially as you can imagine...

Just take it month by month and see what happens, if it gets too tough then the biggest money outlet 'the zed' will have to go..

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.... Now wheres my 10 second car

i just got through a barren spell at work where i put the zed up for sale once and almost did it alot more times aswell, i havent worked in 2 1/2 months but ive managed to still pay all my bills just and keep my car, i started a new job today so hopefully i should be ok now! do what you have to to get by at the end of the day its just a car and one day when the finances are in better shape then you can get another. :thumbs:

Its just a car.....................................don't let it get in the way of bigger life decisions :)

exactly, the other half seems more gutted than me at moment! :lol:

At the end of the day I'd change my car at some point anyway. I'll see how things go and maybe just get a runnaround for a while, like Tarmac I'll be living it one month to the next for a little while it seems!

Its just a car.....................................don't let it get in the way of bigger life decisions :)

exactly, the other half seems more gutted than me at moment! :lol:

At the end of the day I'd change my car at some point anyway. I'll see how things go and maybe just get a runnaround for a while, like Tarmac I'll be living it one month to the next for a little while it seems!

Trust me, I've walked in your shoes. Selling the Lambo was THE hardest thing I've ever done. I actually think I could get divorced with less upset and regret :lol:

Time is a great healer, and life goes on etc. :blush:

Dont hate me for saying it... but how can either of you put work before your partner?

I wouldn't move for my job, or if i did, my missus would be coming with me. You can always get another job, or car, but not always another partner.

My best mate is considering moving 200miles away for his Job, and coming home at the weekends to his missus. I just wouldn't do it at all. Not a chance.

I hope you get things sorted though. :thumbs:

To all the above comments I would add I really don't think it's a great time to be buying property. Prices have started to fall again and there's good reason ot beleive there could be further ot go. I'd sit on the sidelins for at least6 months to see what happens, that's what I'm doing anyway LOL.

To all the above comments I would add I really don't think it's a great time to be buying property. Prices have started to fall again and there's good reason ot beleive there could be further ot go. I'd sit on the sidelins for at least6 months to see what happens, that's what I'm doing anyway LOL.

Thats what Rightmove said a few weeks ago.... 10% fall due if i remember

Declining house prices are only an issue if your looking to buy and sell in a short time period, as if you buy now but intend to stay in it for at least five years, what difference does it make what the value of the property is before that point?

Declining house prices are only an issue if your looking to buy and sell in a short time period, as if you buy now but intend to stay in it for at least five years, what difference does it make what the value of the property is before that point?

Yeah but if you buy now and the house is say £150k or you wait 6 months and its £135k then wouldnt it make more sense to wait :shrug:

Like Sarnie said a house is long term not short. We are in 2010 with a bad economic climate,not the late 1980's when house prices trebled in 4 years. (yep even in North Wales)

As the comiedien say on telly the other week about + or - equity.............It's a house......I'm going to LIVE in it....

Yeah but if you buy now and the house is say £150k or you wait 6 months and its £135k then wouldnt it make more sense to wait :shrug:

And then in six months what do you do? They might drop another 10% in the next six months, so you wait. Twelve months later, what do you do then? Wait another six months incase they drop then? If you follow that line of thought you'd never buy a house. Its the same when you buy a car, six months later you could of got a better deal but its all relative. The big difference with houses is that they can appreciate as well. If someone is looking to buy a house now, the best thing to do is do what you would normally do, and get the best deal possible. Then once you've bought it, forget about what its worth until you come to sell. Once your in, what difference does it make if your £150k house is worth £130k or £170k?

Also the 10% reduction is such a generic figure and is dictated massively by location. Some area will still appreciate and some areas will lose 20% etc.

Another thing, just because you see a house up for £150k now, doesn't mean the vendor will be automatically reducing it to £135k in 6 months..........

Dont hate me for saying it... but how can either of you put work before your partner?

I wouldn't move for my job, or if i did, my missus would be coming with me. You can always get another job, or car, but not always another partner.

My best mate is considering moving 200miles away for his Job, and coming home at the weekends to his missus. I just wouldn't do it at all. Not a chance.

I hope you get things sorted though. :thumbs:

I know what you mean but it's not like we are moving away from each other for jobs we have just got, we both already have jobs quite far away from each other and only see each other on weekends. It's just getting to the point where the jobs we both want don;t seem to be happening close to each other so we might as well start paying for propertie so that when the opportunities to get closer do come along we have some assets behind us.

It aint easy most of the time but we're making the best of a bad situation really.

:( you better come back or i will set sarnie on you.

tbh I think if I do get shot of the zed I'll be getting another just as soon as I can - I've not even come close to doing what I want with my current zed!

I'll be staying on the forum whatever happens, what the hell else am I going to do at work all day long?! :lol:

Why not just get an old banger to do your commute in, then enjoy the Z when you can. Im sure you can get your insurance down on the Z if you do minimal miles and as long as you get a flat with decent secure parking :shrug:

That means getting a flat that has 2 x secure parking spaces which is more expense!

Hopefully things will change at work and I can start doing field work, will sort a lot of issues as I will be able to live pretty much where I like in the North and also will give me a company car enabling me to have the zed as a weekend toy.

And then in six months what do you do? They might drop another 10% in the next six months, so you wait. Twelve months later, what do you do then? Wait another six months incase they drop then? If you follow that line of thought you'd never buy a house. Its the same when you buy a car, six months later you could of got a better deal but its all relative. The big difference with houses is that they can appreciate as well. If someone is looking to buy a house now, the best thing to do is do what you would normally do, and get the best deal possible. Then once you've bought it, forget about what its worth until you come to sell. Once your in, what difference does it make if your £150k house is worth £130k or £170k?

Also the 10% reduction is such a generic figure and is dictated massively by location. Some area will still appreciate and some areas will lose 20% etc.

Another thing, just because you see a house up for £150k now, doesn't mean the vendor will be automatically reducing it to £135k in 6 months..........

Its your field of work so im not going to challenge it, I do think we both have valid points in a round about way though.

Incidentally I have just been accepted on a new house in the last month and its not worried me too much about the recent announcements.

:)