Read Diff - bhp

Chris s

I had my car remapped at RS Tuning, after i had a JWT pop charger, plenum spacer and the updated manifold, where it produced 299.3bhp (std is 296bhp), obviously I was slightly disappointed! I'm convinced my read diff is on it's way out (see my other posts), does anyone think this could have had a negative impact on my bhp read out????

I think when Mark took mine for a spin on the dyno :teeth: it was reading 276 after 4 years and 40k miles. Not too bad, although like Clarkie says - mods such as plenum, air box and exhaust will bring the car back to what is should be producing. Along the way giving a much sportier sound! :thumbs:

yeah it was definitely was, the obvious sign was the new location of the hazard lights

I meant was your engine actually producing the quoted 296 bhp to begin with ;)

I also have the '296' engine although my dyno run pre tune showed it wasn't actually making that much. As others have said, Nissan seem to have been a bit generous with the quoted bhp figures for the facelift model.