bad luck with cars and worse I have a biscuit tin!

stanski

Yesterday the clutch cable started to go on my VW Camper - I heard a 'ping' as I pushed the clutch in - no first gear after that struggled to get into rest of gears fortunately near home so limped back and parked up, ordered new cable £4.50 should arrive tomorrow. Should be a 20 min change over job - no worries 1930's tech you cant beat it. :thumbs:

Drove to work in the 300C. Was popping out at lunch - well thats what I thought?? Cant get it out of Park! No matter what I tried would not budge. Called dealer for advice - could be an immobilser issue - lock up and unlock and try again?? Nope no change.

Realised I had not renewed my breakdown cover last week :blush: but phoned home Lucy had the letter on the table I phoned them, they never twigged it was a week over usually companies dont let you renew as continued contract so you need to start from scratch and wait 24 hours before you can use them! Well I wait 30 mins called them back and lo they sent a recovery truck out - another issue they cant move the car onto the loader as its parked facing the wrong way! :surrender:

In the meantime I did some google surfing and posted up Help on the my 300c forum for advice, by which time I had found an article about a common fault with Chryslers and a safety cut out device that looks like its made from cheapo Fischer Price plastic!! Well anyway to cut a long story short I managed to drive it to the dealers they are sorting the parts tomorrow and I got a free hire car care of Chrysler UK. :yahoo: (I since find out my car is covered for 3 years breakdown cover not 12 months like everyone else!!) DOh!!! :bangin:

So what fab hire car do I get - is it another Seat Ibiza like last time nope something far worse!

A Hyundai L10!! WTF!! :blush:

Well its got me home on £7 of fuel (65 miles) and its dare I say it more refined than most cars twice the size!! Quiet on the motorway ,inside the plastics are as soft as a Lego brick when you stand on it with bare feet, Zero personailty and other than the nice shade of blue its the ugliest car I have ever seen -uglier than the Bini Clubman! :lol:

The seats are like sitting on plywood! :dummy:

Why Hyundai bother I have no idea - but it probably is all done to cost and it shows although to be fair its a lot more solid than most modern biscuit tins.

I know you will all rush out and buy one as a runabout to keep your precious Zed for weekends only! :bangin:

my mother in law just got one and she loves it for what it is, a cheap run around. its 0 road tax due to emissions fuel economy is high, so does lots of miles on f all fuel.

its also one of the fastest selling cars this year, and hyundai are currently out selling ford and other 3 big main car sellers.

Better than no courtesy car at all. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Hope the 300 comes back as good as new parts.

Your right Bronzee - better than nothing and its all paid for (except petrol of course!) anyway it got me to work. Seriously thinking about selling the 300C now after this last episode will probably need to help with alternative cheaper cars :surrender:

Is it not an i10 rather than L10? I was lucky enough to have the the i30 when the Jag was in.

Whats the i30 like compared to the i10 I hear you ask....?

Well, I'll tell you.

Its just a bigger turd thats all. Same turd quality just bigger.

Is it not an i10 rather than L10? I was lucky enough to have the the i30 when the Jag was in.

Whats the i30 like compared to the i10 I hear you ask....?

Well, I'll tell you.

Its just a bigger turd thats all. Same turd quality just bigger.

Ha ha I thought you were talking about the Jag (or Chrysler in my case) when you mentioned turds! :lol: At least the Hyundai has got me here without breaking down!