The lost screwdriver

Madmarky

Been finishing my engine bay bling this week ready for Brands on Sunday. While I was fiddling I heard a sound like something falling down the back of the engine. Several minutes later I realised the only thing I am missing which I had been using was a medium sized flat blade screwdriver. Ive search everywhere for this screwdriver and can only assume its fallen in the engine bay around where the throttle body is. If had it all apart and just cant find it. Is there anywhere behind there that a screw driver can get lodge permanently and any clever ideas on locating it.

Been finishing my engine bay bling this week ready for Brands on Sunday. While I was fiddling I heard a sound like something falling down the back of the engine. Several minutes later I realised the only thing I am missing which I had been using was a medium sized flat blade screwdriver. Ive search everywhere for this screwdriver and can only assume its fallen in the engine bay around where the throttle body is. If had it all apart and just cant find it. Is there anywhere behind there that a screw driver can get lodge permanently and any clever ideas on locating it.

You tried getting under the car and putting you hand on the top of the GearBox, lots of flat places there.... it also might be ontop of the manifolds / cats... Happened to me a few times!

Go do some donuts Marky, bound to shake the little blighter out :drive1:lol:

Sorry not a lot of help :blush:

I tried driving rather recklessly down a extremely bumpy part of the industrial estate by me still no signs of it.

Fiddy, i cant get under the car as i dont have a jack so may need to nip to a local garage me thinks to check where you suggest.

Go do some donuts Marky, bound to shake the little blighter out :drive1:lol:

Sorry not a lot of help :blush:

I tried driving rather recklessly down a extremely bumpy part of the industrial estate by me still no signs of it.

Fiddy, i cant get under the car as i dont have a jack so may need to nip to a local garage me thinks to check where you suggest.

You not got a extendable thing with a magnet on the end?

Getting it on a ramp may be a good idea!

I've got an extendable magnet with a torch on the end of it, its perfect for clumsy people who keep dropping things in the engine bay :blush:

Yeah ive got one of them too but its only any use if you know where what your trying to fish out is in the first place :lol:

probalby sat on the under car splash gaurds' they have a slight slope to the front so may be near the bumper by now or gone the other way in to the other dip and be near where the 2 parts meet underneath

:shrug:

If you've taken it for a drive it may well have fallen out already

probalby sat on the under car splash gaurds' they have a slight slope to the front so may be near the bumper by now or gone the other way in to the other dip and be near where the 2 parts meet underneath

The undertray (if thats what you meant by the "under car splash guards" RT) dosnt go as far back as the TB, it stops about 1/2 way of the engine bay.. and things you drop down at the back generally drop straight through onto the floor, unless your unlucky and they end up lodged!

The undertray (if thats what you meant by the "under car splash guards" RT) dosnt go as far back as the TB, it stops about 1/2 way of the engine bay.. and things you drop down at the back generally drop straight through onto the floor, unless your unlucky and they end up lodged!

I dont have a undertray either, lost it in a similar unfortunate indecent to Ian :lol: