Slight Rev

Demolition49

Thinking about this a bit more, it has to be by design. Think of it like a very dodgy way to implement heel and toe changes: When doing one of those, you blip the throttle to match the revs for when you change gear, which helps on wear on both the clutch and the gearbox. Okay, so the car doesn't blip the engine nearly enough for it to be used as that, but I wouldn't bet against it being there for some kind of wear protection.

That would be my logic too, helps to smooth out gear changes, mainly up shift as it stops the revs dropping too quickly. With a lightweight flywheel I found it more prominent which means it was deliberately holding the throttle open a little longer. Didnt give me any issues what so ever in driving the car, and made heel/toe easier as you didnt have to blip the throttle as much on down shift.

Thinking about this a bit more, it has to be by design. Think of it like a very dodgy way to implement heel and toe changes: When doing one of those, you blip the throttle to match the revs for when you change gear, which helps on wear on both the clutch and the gearbox. Okay, so the car doesn't blip the engine nearly enough for it to be used as that, but I wouldn't bet against it being there for some kind of wear protection.

That would be my logic too, helps to smooth out gear changes, mainly up shift as it stops the revs dropping too quickly. With a lightweight flywheel I found it more prominent which means it was deliberately holding the throttle open a little longer. Didnt give me any issues what so ever in driving the car, and made heel/toe easier as you didnt have to blip the throttle as much on down shift.

:blush: hmm that could explain why after my map the car got a bit more twitcy and you had to compensate and 'know' how to drive her... and after that the gf didnt like driving it :#1:

Done a reset, the problem remains, next thing to do is clean the throttle body, i will do this when i get some free time on wend :thumbs:

Do it carefully.... Just try not to touch the butterfly... there is a guide on youtube I think, (did you do the TB reset too?)...

You may want to get it too Abbey so they can hook it up and do a reading, And whilst they are there get them to Revup it!!

I may well take it down to abbey and get her done but i was thinking... if abbey - mark or whoever just said they are working on it then the problem isnt resolved yet, so no point me going there yet?

On top of this i dont want the re-map to invalidate my warranty :headhurt:

Only ever noticed the said problem on a Rev Up car never noticed this on a DE or HR.

Anlid as your car has a Haltech it will work the Throttle via the Haltech and the throttle map is completly different from a Stock ECU.

Wouldn,t worry about warranty issues Nissan can't tell if we been in the ECU on these cars it is only the Late cars like the GTR that can tell if the ECU been spoken to.

I have had a few customers complain about the Rev Holding problem , I would say it isn't for gear changes to hold the rev,s more for throttle response during gear changes.

Mark

Only ever noticed the said problem on a Rev Up car never noticed this on a DE or HR.

Anlid as your car has a Haltech it will work the Throttle via the Haltech and the throttle map is completly different from a Stock ECU.

Wouldn,t worry about warranty issues Nissan can't tell if we been in the ECU on these cars it is only the Late cars like the GTR that can tell if the ECU been spoken to.

I have had a few customers complain about the Rev Holding problem , I would say it isn't for gear changes to hold the rev,s more for throttle response during gear changes.

Mark

Ill book her in then and have a chat with you mark? :thumbs:

ftw :#1:

what if they look on the ecu and see abbey motorsport sticker on it? :lol:;)

Mark

Demolition49, maybe just get all your other 'planned' engine mods done before you get a retune?

Demolition49, maybe just get all your other 'planned' engine mods done before you get a retune?

Dont want to mod the engine ill get in to a whole different kettle of fish + spend a load of money i wont get back... just an remap for me :thumbs:

Ah go... just a spacer and drop in filter too you know you want to.... :D

what if they look on the ecu and see abbey motorsport sticker on it?

dont remove a ECU from the car when we reflash on the dyno......but stuck one on yours as the ECU was out of the car.

Mark, is there any point me bringing her in asap or will you have a "fix" for the slight rev issue?