Need help in the area of Farnborough...

andlid

To look on a car for me... I know this isnt even a Z

Short story is that I need to change my family car for a 'real' family car that can use a child seat in the back (forward facing)

So very litte flavour over here (Ireland) so looking in the UK... found a nice looking Volvo S60 but don't want to get on a plane just to find it's not gearing properly or turbo is gone, not sure how English car sellers behave but here they'll say it drives well and when you get there there the gearbox is f*cked or wont even start... and you get told 'we'll fix that and have it mint when you pick her up' - like wtf... :headhurt:

So anyway if anyone would like to assist me in going to have a quick look at her I'd REALLY be gratefull, I'd pay for any cost involved in doing so!

Here is the location:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=GU14+6A ... 16&iwloc=A

And here she is:

media?id=1188058484

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl/po ... distance=0

Here is some stuff to look out for:

Test idling while slight decline with less then 1/4 tank. < could die as a result of this due to a petrol pump valve.

Gearing while putting from P to D, driving gearing smooth, kickdown works?

(hit acc let go and hit it again quickly)

Suspension clonks and wandering, bushes on the front mount (don't worry about the bushes)

Central locking, lock doors and see if any pops back up. < do that a few

times.

2002> DSTC ETM module should be replaced

If I get this one I'll go down to BSR and get a tune box the 1st thing I do :evil:

Anders, this is about an hour from London. You need to edit the tittle to Farnborough Area. It is only about 10 minutes from me. If no one else offers I will go with Tony at the weekend for you if that helps.

Sarah :)

thanks for the headsup :blush: and

:bounce: for the offer!

:drive1 (might have to stockup before going back home) :lol: