20" wheel owners.....

D4XNY

Ok guys, I have read up a lot on 20's, regarding tyre sizes and offsets etc

Ideally I would like some 19's, but you know what happens, there are some wheels you cant resist!

Anyway I have my eye on some 20's

Fronts are 8.5j with an et20 so Im thinking, no spacer needed.... maybe 5mm??

Rears are 10j with an et40 so Im thinking, 25mm spacer on the rears?

I currently have 19's all round with 20mm spacers all round, I think im running 9.5j et35 on rear and 8.5j et35 on fronts...

And tyres, I read to keep te profiles the same, so the rolling radius is kept the same, and not to interfere with the Traction Control System

Ideally for 20's should be a profile of 30, yes?

So 245 30/R20 fronts

285 30/R20 rears...

So I've done my homework, pressed that "search button" numerous times, now I just need reassurance and guidance from you experienced guys that my knowledge is right, and I can go ahead and make a purchase!!

Cheers for now

Dan

Ok cool, Im now discovering how expensive tyres are for 20's!!

I dont want to put cheap tyres on, after all the effort Im making with the car.....

I found Falken 452's £260 for the fronts and £340 for the rears, which makes £600 for all 4 tyres, plus i need to get them fitted, most garages fit tyres for around £20 a pop, so £80 for fitting, makes a grand total of £680 for the tyres alone....... (£170 each)

When shopping they been as high as £350 each though.......mega ouch! So with a bit of shopping around you can pretty much get tyres half price!

The funny thing is, the rims I've seen are only £600!

Whats all your experiences???

et40 will probably rub on brembos at the rear, i'd keep the 20mm spacers.

My wheels were a bargain from MadMarky, but list at about £850 now. My tyre chap is excellent, no damage to any wheels and is only £10 a tyre :thumbs:

Yes indeed they were Rich and they look fantastic :thumbs:

I dont want to put cheap tyres on, after all the effort Im making with the car.....

I found Falken 452's £260 for the fronts and £340 for the rears, which makes £600 for all 4 tyres, plus i need to get them fitted, most garages fit tyres for around £20 a pop, so £80 for fitting, makes a grand total of £680 for the tyres alone....... (£170 each)

When shopping they been as high as £350 each though.......mega ouch! So with a bit of shopping around you can pretty much get tyres half price!

The funny thing is, the rims I've seen are only £600!

Prices for tyres fitted are about the same as I'm paying for Falken 452s ....... same sizes as yours

• 1 month later...

20" Falken 452 all round - £650 fitted