Throttle Cleaning/Resets the lot.

tez162003

Been doing searches but nothing much seems to come up other than, i did it and did a reset. Not really helping me :(

I want to clean the throttle body as i have seen a lot of peoples pictures and comments on here and how its worth doing. and the fact i do it on every car i have had. (cant believe i need to ask this, i do things like jenvey ITB set ups and the likes on other cars)

Damn electral stuff. :lol:

Anyway, i hear lots of horror stories about cleaning it becuase it can fudge up sensors, electrics etc etc etc

I want to take the T/B off clean it, avoid damaging its coating, replace and go

Please fill in the blanks ;)

1. remove pipe work on T/B

2. Unplug sensor (i guess being electric there's one)

3. Undo the 4 bolts (opposites i take it when undoing)

4. Remove

5. Clean with throttle cleaning (any other cleaners that car be used?)

6. Replace (do you all use new gaskets?)

7. reconnect sensors and pipework

8. Start the car (?) or do you do a reset

9. How the feck do you do a reset?

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S whats wrong with the good old fashioned cable throttle.. :thumbs:

1. remove pipe work on T/B yes

2. Unplug sensor (i guess being electric there's one) yes3. Undo the 4 bolts (opposites i take it when undoing) yes

4. Remove yes

5. Clean with throttle cleaning (any other cleaners that car be used?) yes. i use white spirit and a paint brush to shake up the oily crud. longterm solution is to put an oil catch can to stop the blow-by messing the TB again ;)

6. Replace (do you all use new gaskets?) Possibly a good practice but I have'nt ever had to ;)

7. reconnect sensors and pipework yes

8. Start the car (?) or do you do a reset. Reset first

9. How the feck do you do a reset? see below or search again lazy :p

There are guides from 350z tech wiki linked here covering lots of subjects including resets. I found one from Motodyneengineering too and I've always used this for no reason in particular.

Which ever you use timing is critical for it to work!

see page 9 of PDf doc ;)

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/manual.pdf

If that link fails then go via this and click on the PDF doc then proceed to page 9

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/pag ... 47115c1708

P.S whats wrong with the good old fashioned cable throttle.. :thumbs:You probably have better control from the ECU point of view with resulting in more accurate fuel/air control but the downside is lag and les than 100% throttle openning..............D1 controller will cure the first and Uprev reflash the second.

You shouldn't have to do a reset if you haven't moved the butterfly. If it needs a reset then do one, it won't do any harm if you start it before doing a restart. If it idles funny then do a reset. :thumbs:

I have swapped my throttle body a couple of times now and not had any trouble. :teeth: