Picking it up today!!!!

Well I did my 1st post last week as I was viewing a 350z. Well I loved it and today I will be picking it up.

The Nissan dealer have fully serviced it, done a safety check, 1 year warranty and are sorting a couple of stone chips and a kerb mark on one of the alloys but it should be ready. They replaced the rear discs and pads (to be honest I thought they looked fine!)

Can't wait to collect and more importantly drive it.

It has a Japspeed K1 fitted and last owner had taken bungs out in last week he had it, so it was really loud! Sounded awesome but for my tastes too loud, especially on the motorway. Dealer assured me bungs would be put back in and it would make huge difference. I'm not totally convinced but I'll give it a chance! Any opinions??

Possibly end up swapping exhaust for something more subtle!

Another question I have is should I run it on super unleaded? I mostly ran 330ci on super but stopped recently when prices became ridiculous, can't really say I noticed any difference!

By the way I'm based near newcastle. Many Z owners locally??

Cheers again, I'm really impressed with this forum so far by the way!

:welcome: even though you have already posted but welcome as a driver now!! :D

The car will run fine on normal unleaded so its your preference I suppose. Most people will probably use the super but as you say its creeping into the silly price bracket!!

K1 even with bungs will be loud especially for long motorway journeys, you may want to look at a swap but drive it first and then see what you think.

Plently of owners up there, look out for the meets. Hope you enjoy the drive home!! :teeth::thumbs:

Can't wait to properly get used to the car, enjoyed test drive but its not the same.

Well I've just had a call to say its going to be ready tomorrow as garage are still waiting on the discs and pads coming in. Just have to be patient!

Seems to be conflicting opinions on the K1 exhaust but I guess it depends on what you like. I've always had standard cars so far but loved the sound, just couldn't hear the radio or talk that was all! :lol:

So it's Tuesday there now. Z driving time. :drive1

yep headin over to get it after work, can't wait!!! Drive back is along some of my favourite roads on the northumberland coast.

Well my dad assures me exhaust is lot quieter with bungs in but still sounds amazing! He's been keeping a check on it as he works at the dealership!

I'll try get some decent photos up asap!

:welcome:

i am also north east, just outside durham, there are plenty of us up here but not enough to make you feel you bought a common car, i rarely see others unless going to a meet.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=22083

get yourself on there and add yourself to the list.

i have the k1 with the bungs out, absolutely love it going up and down through the gears but bugs the crap outta me on motorway runs, although if you turn the music up load its ok.

:welcome:

i am also north east, just outside durham, there are plenty of us up here but not enough to make you feel you bought a common car, i rarely see others unless going to a meet.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=22083

get yourself on there and add yourself to the list.

i have the k1 with the bungs out, absolutely love it going up and down through the gears but bugs the crap outta me on motorway runs, although if you turn the music up load its ok.

I'm in North Shields. Funny you should say that about not enough to feel like a common car but I haven't seen a single 350Z in the past week since I decided to buy mine. Gotta be a good thing! Did see a yellow 370Z yesterday in Gosforth but again don't see many of them either.

I'll check out that link! Cheers! :thumbs:

:welcome: to the forum! You'll probably have picked the car up by now, so its time to say :worthless:

I'm based in the North East too, so we'll probably catch up in the next few months when we get around to oranising another meet.

One thing I will say about petrol is that I was under the impression from the booklet that you are meant to run it in 97 ron or higher. I always put in 99 ron Tesco super unleaded in it.

Use the search button and see what people say. No point buying the car and scrimping on the looney juice!

well i picked it up yesterday&had an amazing drive back. Love it!

Seems to turn a lot of heads too (may be the exhaust!)

later on i noticed a worrying knock going round tight bends but turned out to be spare wheel nuts in the storage behind passenger seat! Phew.

Only real query i have is about the clutch, it seems to operate fine but when i take foot off the pedal it moves up a bit more which i've never experienced before.

Also found the car has a bluetooth phone thingy fitted although i have no instructions for it. It is nissan&bt branded so official i reckon. Will have to have a play with that.

I'm still undecided bout the k1 exhaust. It sounds great but i wish i could turn it off on motorway. Its ok until an incline generally. Maybe i'm too used to quiet bmw!

I'll keep a lookout for north east meets, where do they normally happen?

Cheers for all the welcomes! :teeth: