Clarion NX700E Install

c-macd

Hey everyone,

I've had my zed for about a year and a half and recently decided to upgrade my head unit (my stock unit had an extremely irritating habit of cutting the left channel when playing CDs). I managed to get the job done over the weekend and couldn't have done it without this forum. I'd especially like to say thanks to Rob_Quads for his brilliant how-to guide. Also to everyone else who has done an install and posted progress, pictures etc, I think I read through them all in the name of research!

Here's a picture of my finished install (the scratch on my centre console has been there since I got the car, think that'll be my next job!)

It was £735 inc postage from Car Audio Giant, cheapest price I could find, it retails at around £850 I believe. Not cheap but it does everything (sat nav, DVD etc) so it's perfect for what I was looking for. I also bought the usual ICT loom and fascia surround from sextons, all in not much change out of £800! Worth it though...