Hand Brake

spursmaddave

My hand brake was pretty useless until I got it sorted when I had a service but I have a quick question. Having only briefly test driven other Z's this may be fairly normal...

When I move the car after it has been parked there is a clunk from the rear of the car, at first I thought it was a clicky back axle but I don't think it is, as I don't get any noise any other time. Anyone got any ideas, I have tried moving forwards and backwards slowly with the windows down and no noise, just this clunk when I reverse from parked, am I worrying for nothing?

Yep I get the same if I leave the car for any length of time with the hand brake on. If you leave it for any extended period and it's secure, then I would reccommend leaving in gear and or chocking the car and leaving hand brake off. Will save stretching the cable too. :thumbs:

Cheers guys,

thought as much just wanted some reassurance, Alex gonna PM you about the clutch kit after I get paid thursday :thumbs: been quoted £240 for Abbey to fit it and happy to leave it in theor very capable hands :D

Only decision is should I get exhaust done at the same time, I'm sure I read somewhere that the exhaust has to come off anyway to replace the clutch??? :headhurt:

Cheers guys,

thought as much just wanted some reassurance, Alex gonna PM you about the clutch kit after I get paid thursday :thumbs: been quoted £240 for Abbey to fit it and happy to leave it in theor very capable hands :D

Only decision is should I get exhaust done at the same time, I'm sure I read somewhere that the exhaust has to come off anyway to replace the clutch??? :headhurt:

Exhaust can be left in place when removing the gearbox to swop out the clutch;)

Cheers guys,

Exhaust can be left in place when removing the gearbox to swop out the clutch;)

Cheers Alex, thought I read somewhere it had to be at least partially removed. Will be in touch after payday :yahoo: