K1 exhaust fitting, and maybe wanting swap

tez162003

I just bought and fitted a K1 exhaust, (fitted it Tuesday night) but the damn thing seems to sit slightly off. one a tad lower than the other, and one sticks out further than the other, now i could easily sort out the up and down part by adjusting it either on the rubber or at the connection where the gasket goes, as theres a bit of movement available there (i.e. bolt holes have movement for bolts to move about for postioning)

But how can i sort out the fact one sits a tad further out than the other? Any one else had this problem?

Proberly just be me being a plank when fitting. I have to say it sounds Crazy!! loving the sound :) but at the same time i think the look is a bit to ott for such a standard car like mine. Thinking about something different, i want that sound but in a more subtle style.

Anyone fancy a swap or have any suggestions etc?

Thanks

Terry

im no stranger to the spanners, but i cant see how you can alter the box into the bumper a tad. what i mean is the right one seems to stick out the bumper further than the left. only minor but i am proper picky and bit of a perfectionist, (2 days after having the zed i had a dent guy out removing the few little dents and is booked in for a new windscreen tuesday)

I like the look of the K2 thinking about it, but it seemed a little to quiet for my liking, im a chav at heart and want some noise :)

But typical me, i have the K1 now lol, I think id like it more with a few more mods but i said to myself i wouldnt spend much on this car lol

I have a similar problem with my exhaust which happens over time. My back box works its way lose from the centre box and because the back box only has one mounting it means the effect is one tail pipe sticks out further and slightly lower down. Being from Bedford myself I normally take my car to:

William Rutters

Unit 2, Hammond Road, Elm Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford MK41 0RJ

01234 217 060

They do all my work on all my cars and are a very good bunch of guys. Hope this helps, and if you do go there let me know, im only 5 mins away and could possibly meet up with you. What colour is your motor? Seen a few new ones popping up including a lovely solar one i saw the other day.

I have a similar problem with my exhaust which happens over time. My back box works its way lose from the centre box and because the back box only has one mounting it means the effect is one tail pipe sticks out further and slightly lower down. Being from Bedford myself I normally take my car to:

William Rutters

Unit 2, Hammond Road, Elm Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford MK41 0RJ

01234 217 060

They do all my work on all my cars and are a very good bunch of guys. Hope this helps, and if you do go there let me know, im only 5 mins away and could possibly meet up with you. What colour is your motor? Seen a few new ones popping up including a lovely solar one i saw the other day.

im afraid mines just a gun metal UK GT. (has all the extra's though :D )

id would have loved a blue one, but they seem to fetch more money, i couldnt afford that really. :(

Saying that my fav would have been a white one. but never see them about.

I like your orange one, but what can i say im a tad bias, (my last modified car)

Terry5.jpg

IMG_5169.jpg

280409007.jpg

I tend to do everything on my cars myself, from paint to retrimming, only thing i dont do is weld, and i have a feeling the brackets may need altering :( do you run a K1 on yours then?

I run a Magnaflow on mine, ive heard many probs similar with what you are saying with the K1. Im the same as you, i do most stuff myself but dont have access to a ramp so if it needs to go in the air Rutters take care f it for me. I can also recommend

Bedford Auto Panels

01234 217338

Unit 7, Aston Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK42 0JN

They did all my custom body work so may be a better place for welding or moving brackets. Again a very nice family run freindly business.

Top Gear in St Albans were the creme de la creme back in the days of when custom made exhausts took off!

If anything they were one of the first to provide such service! Might be worth dropping it over there and I'm sure they can sort something out

Top Gear in St Albans were the creme de la creme back in the days of when custom made exhausts took off!

If anything they were one of the first to provide such service! Might be worth dropping it over there and I'm sure they can sort something out

i proberly will end up going there tbh, i go there alot, i kow all the guys, the boss jaz, main day to day manager Dave atc

Just thought id see what peoples opinions on them were.

As for retrimming of my old car, i did it myself. Like pretty much everything on that car! :blush: