cracked windscreen

mc

just a bit of a rant really

got my first stone chip on the windscreen on the way to work yesterday, its right at the bottom on the driver's side so I thought a repair job would be fine....

came out of work and theres a huge crack appeared from the chip! so thats my windscreen excess gone, and to make matters worse I'm off to Oz for about a month on Monday so it'll prob have to wait til then to sort it... grrr :bangin:

If you have to leave it that long I'd recommend covering the crack with insulation tape (inside and out) to save water getting in and making it worse while you're away.

A mate of mine actually came back to his merc to find the crack had gone from top to bottom and popped out so it overlayed on the edge. :scare:

If you have to leave it that long I'd recommend covering the crack with insulation tape (inside and out) to save water getting in and making it worse while you're away.

A mate of mine actually came back to his merc to find the crack had gone from top to bottom and popped out so it overlayed on the edge. :scare:

I would do something like that if it wasn't going to be tucked up in the garage :)

Most modern windscreens including our Z's are laminated so no water would get in the car mate...Theres a think film of some material in between the two sections of glass. :thumbs:

Alex

+1

I cracked the screen on my Vectra & it took Autoglass 5 weeks to get me a replacement screen. They said it was fine to drive though as it wasnt in my line of sight & it wouldn't crack because it was laminated