chip off the old block

UNABASHED

While giving me car a little wash last night I noticed that there is a chip about 1/2 centimetre long on the drivers side but not sure if that is big enough for it to be treated?

Exactly how big does a chip/crack need to be on your windscreen for autoglass type company to come repair it?

Took car in this morning for repair of a chip just slightly bigger than a match head. After an hour they have managed to make the little bit completely dissapear, unfortunatley it's dissapreared as it is now covered up by a 18inch crack! :angry:

Now I have the pleasure of having my whole windscreen replaced - I should have just left it well alone!

Took car in this morning for repair of a chip just slightly bigger than a match head. After an hour they have managed to make the little bit completely dissapear, unfortunatley it's dissapreared as it is now covered up by a 18inch crack! :angry:

Now I have the pleasure of having my whole windscreen replaced - I should have just left it well alone!

Look on the bright side ... at least you'll get a bright shiny new screen for £70.00 .... it's the biggest upgrade I've had this year :lol:

:blush:

Being a fellow member of the retards club I did a silly thing the winter before last.... I had a chip in my windscreen and it was a :cold: frosty freezing cold morning and I was being lazy I boiled the kettle, poured the boiling water on my windscreen and made my way to work :drive1 .....

Then...

:scare: In Slow motion the chip turned into a :evil: crack and the crack went from the passenger side right away across to the drivers side, it looked like lightning moving slowly before my eyes.... :bangin:

What a tool I am :wacko: Wont do that again in a hurry I tell ya :dry::doh: