HELP!!! need advice

karl922

Hi all,

I picked up my 07 plate 350z saturday, the old owner got it MOT'd for me ready on collection but it failed on the front nearside bush. He said that it failed due to it had perished and needed replaced so i though okay ill do it before 13th Jun as thats when the warranty runs out. I cant get the car into the nissan garage until monday 14th Jun as they are fully booked.

I took the car to another independant garage (Noblemotorsports) i think, and they took a quick look, they said that the suspention arm had dropped down from the rubber bush and is now resting on the metal, with the rubber bush above it. The bush doesnt seem to be cracked or split.

Do you think this will be covered by warranty or will this cost me an arm and a leg?

he also mentioned that if i had to pay myself it would involve a whole new arm which is £££££

Cheers

if you did need the whole new arm imsure the traders on here namely R35LEE or ZMANALEX could sort you out one at non nissan prices :scare:

As far as im aware, if you have informed them of the problem and they are the ones delaying anyt resulting problems from the delay are their responsibility. just make sure they know exactly whats going on :thumbs: can you get it into a different nissan dealership any sooner?

Cheers for the quick reply mate, that was at chesterfield branch, i drove to sheffield one too but they couldnt get me in until tue 15th.

I will have to PM them and get a rough figure fitted.

Well happy with the car apart from that, got 32mpg on the way back from bolton saturday!

Yeah i bought it with a failed MOT, needed the car for wednesday, and it was at a VERY good price, i also knocked a couple of hundred off for the bush problem.

Get pictures taken before end of warranty AND send them to Nissan Customer Services. That is pretty much the only way you can prove that it was in the state you claim before the warranty period. Get something else in the pic to prove it is yours too. :)