intermitant power......

churtz

Hi all.

I have had my z for about a month now, and have noticed that sometimes when i put my foot down, i get a nice hard pull through the rev range and it pins me in my seat. but other times it seems a bit....well...nothing-ey!

Its a 2008 GT spec, with the latest type of 3.5 engine they done in the 350z.

I was wondering if anyone has experiened the same, and if there is a known solution.

Thanks very much,

Matt

probs the traction control kicking in if its damp... not too technical myself but if your doing it in the wet then this is probs whats causing it..

no doubt theres other technical stuff goin on, but those clever guys will be along soon to give you advice!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. Been snowed under with work.

No its not the traction control doing its thing, its not as "power killing" as that.

And no the clutch isnt slipping.

It just seems a bit lazy sometimes. Like your driving at 3/4 throttle instead of full throttle. Its very hard to explain. Because the power is there, but not quite as intense as it should be.

Thanks,

Matt

This could be a result of the Zed learning as Mark @ Abbey has found out from lots of Dyno testing. It takes them 5 or 6 runs to get them to pull their best run.

I would suggest that if you want a constant power delivery then get it mapped using uprev, if your in the south then Abbey would be your best bet. If your north then there are others but as I havnt used them I dont know ow good they are!