I've started clicking

ATTAK Z

alex is your best bet, he sells the stuff, pm him

yeah go on I dare you :lol: (sorry Mr T!)

i'm wondering if he'll rip him a new a-hole via the interweb :lol:

why do you think i recommended it :lol:

Must admit, even though I know greasing and replacing the CV makes the noise go away. I did wonder as well....what causes the clicking? :p

so I'm not being pedantic then ..... let's hope someone who can give a definitive answer comes along shortly

Must admit, even though I know greasing and replacing the CV makes the noise go away. I did wonder as well....what causes the clicking? :p

so I'm not being pedantic then ..... let's hope someone who can give a definitive answer comes along shortly

Sent this to mattblue16 today,

Perhaps it may help you Hugh, then perhaps it may not :lol:

He was asking the difference between the OEM joint and the modified one.

Hi Matt,

Yes mate, the clicky axle issue is caused by a build up of rust which causes corrosion between the joint face and the hub carrier. The grease and rotate method is a temporary fix introduced by Nissan as a time delay to get the cars out of warranty. Rotating the joint to the shaft simply reinstates the mating surfaces in a different position, temporarily removing the noise.

The modified joints faces are machined at a different angle and the ball races and cages are of a different configuration.

All the joints have stamp marks on them so that Nissan can identify what joints are fitted and more importantly what factory that they were manufactured in as this a contributing factor.

The JDM kits are the same as the original OEM kits and are not upgraded.

They are imported from Japan and will not fix your clicky issue permanently.

Regards,

Alex.

ZMAN to the rescue .... no wonder you've got a cape ....and you know more than el bisque ..... I'm impressed :lol:

no seriously Alex that's good enough for me THANKS :thumbs:

ive not even read the thread as it seems to have degenerated. hopefully someone came along and told you its the way the faces that contact the bearings wear away and allow slack in the joint making the bearings click from one way to the other. well that was my understanding anyay

Simple_CV_Joint_animated.gif

ive not even read the thread as it seems to have degenerated. hopefully someone came along and told you its the way the faces that contact the bearings wear away and allow slack in the joint making the bearings click from one way to the other. well that was my understanding anyay

Thanks for that Husky ..... mine's just started to click at 71,000 miles and at the moment it's a single click so not too bad ....... I shall get the CVs repacked at a service later this month :thumbs:

Thanks for that Husky ..... mine's just started to click at 71,000 miles and at the moment it's a single click so not too bad ....... I shall get the CVs repacked at a service later this month :thumbs:

My clicking is quite horrible sounding, but I'm saving up to get the replacement's from Alex I believe. May as well do them right eh.

My clicking is quite horrible sounding, but I'm saving up to get the replacement's from Alex I believe. May as well do them right eh.

How much ?

How much ?

have a look back on pg1 of this thread Hugh - I gave you the link last night ;)

How much ?

apparently that info is in the apparent useless stuff i gave you in the beginning.. god.. figure that... :lol:

How much ?

apparently that info is in the apparent useless stuff i gave you in the beginning.. god.. figure that... :lol:

I never said your initial response was useless ... just not comprehensive ..... :bang::bang::bang:

Note to mods

I have an answer to my question thanks to Zmanalex and this has been augmented by Husky's posts. I would be grateful if you would now lock this thread to prevent further spamming from others who apparently just revel in listening to the sound of their own voice :rant: