Max Power this month

martinmac

The last thing I want to do is increase their sales. I will never buy it again. :ban:

I have read the article about their 350z giveaway and am absolutely livid. Anyone else seen it. :angry:

nope,

any chance of a scan of it, or a brief rundown

They claim to have given away their show car.

Quote- 2004 Nissan 350z

Cost £28000

Money spent £20000

Just 3 days into ownership ++++ already got big plans for the 350z.

Over the 2010 show season expect the 350z to receive ++++ trademark green stamp.of approval in some form or other along with a bit more carbon, a new interior and a few trick touches ++++ wont even tell Max. When im done with it youll want to feature it again, its definately in good hands, Im so happy.

End quote

How the hell can they be happy, the car was so bad it was street legal. They havent even got it. :headhurt:

I heard it was CAT C, chassis out of line by an inch and the garage who were asked to put it right refused to do so as they couldnt be confident that the car was or would be road legal in its current state.

I may have some fo the details wrong, but I think its fair to say that the picture max power paints is very, very, rose tinted.

Is this the car that was a prize give away to the girl who was on here? I dunno what's wrong, someone fill me in :p

The short answer is the car wasnt street legal or roadworthy :surrender::rant:

Eek! That's pretty shocking. Poor girl.

It sounds incredibly shoddy of Max Power to try and palm her off with a substandard car but to then print a totally misleading article about it is just plain wrong. What a bunch of to$$ers! :rant:

Legal action maybe? I mean, if she picked it up & was killed (god forbid :S) on the way home, that's a pretty hefty lie. I'd be going all American & sue the crap out of them! Or driving it into their front window . . .

Then again . . . I am trying to buy the wheels off her so . . . . ;)

max power for me were always a teenage jazz mag, and only had corsas and novas in but then that shows how long ago i used to read it.

if i wanted to read about heavily modded cars i'd get banzai or performance car.

but my preferred reading is evo or topgear.

someone should make a stand to these fakers! im sure theres a legal route, as the car has been given away as a prize when realisitically speaking it wasnt fit for purpose. it was mis-represented in the competition and in turn the entrants were mislead. in other words a con...

banzaii is the mag at least they know what theyre doing.

Who cares? If Amy doesn't say anything herself then it's irrelevant what the rest of us say, we're all going on pure conjecture and hearsay and if MP would like to take us to court to prove otherwise then they're more than welcome.

FWIW about two years ago MP did a complete re-design and became far more about the performance side of things than anything else, and it was a damn fine read so I started buying it. Obviously their readership level then dropped and they brought the tits and fanny back along with the chav wagons, and that's when I stopped buying it. The only decent Jap mag there has ever been was J-Tuner, everything else panders to those who think that a bodykit and huge heavy set of wheels + big turbo equals anything approaching a quality car.