Aaahhhh, the best laid plans....

SunsetZed

So this weekend I'd booked a trip away to Dublin with my OH, she used to live in Dublin and loves it over there and I thought that it would be a great place to propose and then yesterday she gets a text from her best friend saying she's just got engaged. So now I know that she won't want to get engaged this weekend because they'd have to share the limelight.

I'm now thinking of delaying it for a month or 2 but we're in the process of moving house (read skint!) and she has no holiday so desperately trying to think of new places and ways to propose. I know that there's a church near where we're moving to that she'd love to get married in so I'm thinking there might be a good place and then a picnic nearby afterwards?

I'm properly gutted, I'd sorted the ring, got it re-sized asked her dad it was all set up so now I'm hoping that you guys (and gals!) can give me some inspiration...

PS. I live in the Reading area so anywhere not too far away would be ideal however if it's a really good idea I'd travel but unusual travelling will make her suspicious!

Thanks,

Allan

Henley? Rent a boat head towards the bridge and pass that, not long after that there is a tiny island "park" there and pull out a bottle of champagne...... and the ring...........

I proposed few months back and we are now looking into getting married in Henley, with the sun out it's a very preatty place

:thumbs:

Henley is a good location.....

How about, Windsor/Eton - see about getting a boat ride, like a gondola or something - ask them in advance if they can lay out flowers or something along the boat, store a secret bottle of champagne and flowers and then pop the question at the right moment.

I proposed in Austria in the mountains whilst being carted round on a sleigh, the stars were out and the horse and cart were dressed as if it was a wedding day. My other half loved the horses and the presentation of the sleigh, but none the wiser as to what was going on. All of a sudden we're overlooking the lights of the ski resort and the stars are in the sky when the question was popped! She of course said yes and then the driver passed over the flowers and champagne. She loved it. Cheeky driver actually brought along 3 champagne flutes - I guess he was keen to share our celebrations.

Just a suggestion?