Strange occurrence with a Aston Martin

Madmarky

Bee up the pub tonight playing pool as normal. On the way home driving down a quiet street i see a car in my rear view rocketing towards me. Being in my shed i realise quickly he is going to overtake me so pull over slightly. A brand new 10 plate Aston convertible goes flying past me and I thought jesus he is in a hurry. Thought nothing more of it but went to the petrol station to get some cigarettes and see the same Aston parked on the forecourt. Inside was a fairly large guy with a sort of Greek look to him and he is paying for £10 worth of petrol with bags of copper coins. I am so puzzled by this as he probably used that £10 getting to the petrol station the way he was flying about.

Bee up the pub tonight playing pool as normal. On the way home driving down a quiet street i see a car in my rear view rocketing towards me. Being in my shed i realise quickly he is going to overtake me so pull over slightly. A brand new 10 plate Aston convertible goes flying past me and I thought jesus he is in a hurry. Thought nothing more of it but went to the petrol station to get some cigarettes and see the same Aston parked on the forecourt. Inside was a fairly large guy with a sort of Greek look to him and he is paying for £10 worth of petrol with bags of copper coins. I am so puzzled by this as he probably used that £10 getting to the petrol station the way he was flying about.

Stolen much! If you can afford a new aston, you can afford to

a) put more than a tenner in

B) if you are putting a tenner in, not have to raid the copper jar

If it were stolen he would probably be stealing the fuel too. :lol:

Having said that, way back I once saw someone prising a locked petrol cap off at a petrol station, after the driver realised he needed a key and then went about searching his pockets and inside the car - thought nothing of it, in my innocence, as I was filling up my car but then after he had filled up he jumped in the car and sped off without paying. Attendant said it was a regular thing with stolen cars and they didn't bother reporting it (it was before the days of cameras) as they knew they wouldn't get their money :scare:

Having said that, way back I once saw someone prising a locked petrol cap off at a petrol station, after the driver realised he needed a key and then went about searching his pockets and inside the car - thought nothing of it, in my innocence, as I was filling up my car but then after he had filled up he jumped in the car and sped off without paying. Attendant said it was a regular thing with stolen cars and they didn't bother reporting it (it was before the days of cameras) as they knew they wouldn't get their money :scare:

.........and at that point I hope you jumped in and horsed it away aswell! :lol: If they are not going to report you!....game on. :lol::blush:

.........and at that point I hope you jumped in and horsed it away aswell! :lol: If they are not going to report you!....game on. :lol::blush:

Honest guv, the car I was driving was not stolen :surrender:

If you've just bought a new Aston, its a nice summer evening and your child has asked you if you can change her piggy bank contents into a ten pound note.

You dont want to be carrying around those coppers, so off to the petrol station for a tenner :lol:

If you've just bought a new Aston, its a nice summer evening and your child has asked you if you can change her piggy bank contents into a ten pound note.

You dont want to be carrying around those coppers, so off to the petrol station for a tenner :lol:

as fast as humanly possible :drive1

I think the fuel consumption doesnt have the range of "fair to poor" that we are used to. I think in the 4.7 or 6 litre of the Astons its more like "poor to dreadful", so the speed doesnt really affect it that much. Its probably bad all the time :lol: