removing old knob

V88 REG

pull the trim up by holding it at the rear of the round bit. Then get mole grips or a good pair of piler to hold the shaft. Easier if you have someone else to hold this still while you twist the old knob off. Be very careful not to twist the shaft as this will cause very expensive damage to the gearbox

so, lift the plastic trim surrounding the gear lever and leather gaitor, then hold the shaft from underneath, then twist the nob off?

thats the one just grip the shaft tightly is th emsot important part can be VERY stuck on.

pull the trim up by holding it at the rear of the round bit. Then get mole grips or a good pair of piler to hold the shaft. Easier if you have someone else to hold this still while you twist the old knob off. Be very careful not to twist the shaft as this will cause very expensive damage to the gearbox

will it???? :scare:

i guess i was lucky then...now its slack enough.... ;):lol::lol::lol:

so, lift the plastic trim surrounding the gear lever and leather gaitor, then hold the shaft from underneath, then twist the nob off?

yep, get some grips on it REALLY tight and hold on.

some knobs are easy, some are threadlocked to a ridiculous level

Yep grip your knob firmly around the base, twist and pull from above and it should come off in your hand......

I shouldn't think you can damage the gearbox too much unless you are a complete knob :bangin:

ur avatar gives me nitemares "hey georgie' !! :scare:

Your not the first to comment on this.......... Awww... You want it don't you Georgie? Hmm... Of course you do... and there's cotton candy, fries, and all sorts of surprises down here... and balloons too... All colors.

It is actually straight forward, you just have to be careful, that's all.

There is a little threadlock on the shaft to hold the knob in place, thus the need for molegrips in cases.

And hence the need to keep the shaft from twisting, which could damge your syncro-mesh.

In most cases, you will destroy the OEM knob in the process.