New and Advice required please

Hello all,

I'm new to the Nissan world having driven Imprezas and Evo's mainly..... I have a question that you may be able to help me with:

How good is the Automatic box in the 350Z? I've seen an orange Convertible with an auto box and just not sold on the auto, most auto's are lazy, infact the only good Auto I have driven was a Supra.

Any views on this please ?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum mate :thumbs: I have an auto and I love it. I do alot of miles in my zed which includes city driving so the auto is perfect for that. When you want to have fun just plant your foot to the floor and use the triptronic gear box (which I think is very smooth). Like all autos... it is not instant at first..... there is a small lag...... but I mean small. The best thing you could do would be to try and get a test drive in one :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome and useful info, much appreciated :)

I will see if I can get some test driving in, I always ask the questions before I go drive as I don't really want to waste mine or anyone elses time :)

Thanks once again :D

:welcome: to the forum

The zeds auto is supposed to be one of the best in the industry but i am a manual shift bloke all the way :p

That said you can improve the lag with a D1 spec throttle controller if you must buy this zed in question you are eyeing up. I have been a passenger in an auto zed and it seems to make a hell of a difference.

Good luck hunting :thumbs:

Having driven 18 350's, both manual and tiptronic, the tiptronic is responsive. You probably feel the juice going to the drive train more in the tippy as you put the boot in. Only time a tiptronic is a bit of a nuisance is sometimes on the track, if the car doesn't agree with your choice of gear will change to what it thinks. Given this is usually in lower gears. Not driven a 2007 or newer tiptronic on the track so can't comment on that, but got the same feedback from a couple of the tiptronic guys at the last few track days. Incidentally those tiptronics are both soft tops. Slightly more body flexing on the track with the soft top, if they're not like Zmanalex's monster.

ps. Great username. :thumbs: