F1 Testing may be coming back to Elvington!

nixy

A while ago you may remember a post i did about the F1 testing they do up the road from me at Elvington airfield. It's only a couple of days a month and its awesome that they do it there! Elvington has the longest runway in europe hence the reason they do it there. Its nowhere near the residential bit of the village and its such a thrill for me when i drive past on my way home when they are there! Anyway, this all got stopped a year or so ago because of complaints and coincidentally during a meeting I had at work the other day (my work involves planning issues) this was discussed! It seems it may be on its way back! :yahoo: Probably boring for the rest of you but I am chuffed! :lol:

http://www.cieh.org/ehn/high_court_back ... =Elvington

Yes they do all sorts of events there - experience days with lambos and other supercars but also events where you can enter your own car. There's York dragway even closer to my house where you can do all that kind of stuff. Elvington has an air museum and a few nice aircraft there as well and in August they usually hold a massive air show with lots of military aircraft and the red arrows etc - thats a really good day out if its sunny.

Yes they do all sorts of events there - experience days with lambos and other supercars but also events where you can enter your own car. There's York dragway even closer to my house where you can do all that kind of stuff. Elvington has an air museum and a few nice aircraft there as well and in August they usually hold a massive air show with lots of military aircraft and the red arrows etc - thats a really good day out if its sunny.

Well let go then miss Patty :)

Patty? haha you twit! :lol: Tim tries to get people to go to redline Ten of the Best at Elvington every year but its not been that popular so far - mind you there's no cover you need a nice sunny day.

I thought they'd banned "in season" testing in F1 :surrender:

Testing

If a team declares that one of their current race drivers is to be substituted by a driver who has not participated in an F1 race in the two previous calendar years, one day of track testing will now be permitted, on an approved circuit not being used for a Grand Prix in the current season. This is to avoid scenarios such as that seen in 2009 when Jaime Alguersuari made his Formula One debut with Toro Rosso having only previously driven an F1 car in straight-line testing.

In another minor change, teams will be allowed six rather than eight days of straight-line aero testing per season. They will also have the option of substituting any of these days for four hours of wind tunnel testing with a full-scale (rather than the normal 60 percent-scale) model.

Interesting Dave thanks! I know nothing about the rules. However, i know they do ten days at Elvington and i assume its the straight line testing as its so long - hence it being the only place in the country Hamster could take that stupid rocket that nearly killed him! :lol: