Scary Moment....

neo-ninja

Sooo...was driving out of the multistory carpark which has stupid high curb dividers on the ramps, so there i am thinking, right watch the nismo front dont get too close to stupid high curb (which has hundred of battlescars on from other cars!) and all of a sudden loud crunch bang....but coming from the back left i thought wtf.... only thing i can think it was that my arse end mudflaps caugh on corner of stupidly high curb as my front is going down the ramp....

Anyway dreading getting out of my car and fining my whole back end hanging on or cracked or dragging... I made my gf get out at the bottom of the ramp to have a look.."its fine!" my gf says... me thinking thank god but i cant wait to get back home to check myself...

Anway get back home and had a proper look and it is completely fine, no damage what so ever, no idea what made the loud crunch must just have caught enough to make the sound but not enough to rip it off..Thank God!

Only thing i did notice, but must have been missing a while, was one of the bolt/screws that holds on the sidesirts was missing, can anyone provide me with one of these?

Don't worry I managed to wedge my Zed on those high curbs, there are 2 barriers at the car park, the one to the left of me was free so I thought "great zip over there" obviously the lock on these cars is terrible. I managed to get it stuck in front of a few people. Luckily it was just the tyres that were wedged, no alloys were harmed phew!

sooo had another decent look today, looks like i wasnt quite as lucky as originally thought but still bloody lucky, on the underside of teh sideskirt is where it must have caught and is a little scuffed, and a tiny bit on the side (one of those things people will probably never notice, but i will always know is there grrrrr!....but thank god its not cracked or hanging on!!)

Soo i had a quick look on ebay and saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Touch-up-paint-AN ... 5ad049709f

figured i might give it a go, any thoughts, its a small area and very unnoticable espcially as that area gets grubby anyway...Also in the past i have found the paint very good on touch up kits but when you add the lacquer if screws it up and makes it obvious so thought this might be a better way....

Anyway i have learnt my lesson! think about the back and the front when near curbs and tight turns! and dont go to a multistory!!!

if you need touch up go to nissan , got mine a few weeks back for the same price as that inc a litle pot of laquer. fixed a big ole groove the car had since i got it , ok its not invisible due to a slight c*ck up on my part but the match is spot on so looks way better thana big gouge but if its below the visible part id leave it .