My mother needs your help....

chrisjones6699

Good afternoon everyone!

My mother's Mondeo has blown up and now she's after a new car. She has 8k to spend on one. I have recommended a VW or a Honda. Something bullet proof that will last forever and comfortable. She does have a caravan but only drives it about 4 miles each trip!

The VW i have recommended is this.... http://www.bobdaviescarsales.co.uk/vehi ... ID=1224698

And the Honda. Its the 2004 executive at the bottom.... http://www.rylandhonda.co.uk/showroom/cars/used_cars/

So let me know what you think or if you have any recommendations :thumbs:

Cheers guys

Chris

If it is reliability - Honda every time - get a decent Accord for that money and about the same size as a Mondeo.

Or a Toyota of some description. Pretty bullet proof, doesn't matter what happens they still keep going. Seen so many abused by different people and they keep going. Just don't think about accelerator issues. No worse than any other company when it comes to that.

My mum has a Honda Civic (58 plate) and loves it, its the 1.8 SE with panoramic roof etc... She loves it, VERY practical, she reckons with the seats folded down it has more storage than her old Honda CRV thing, does 37mpg and is pretty nippy!! Sure you can get them for around 8k.

my mum has the jazz and loves it, the storage in it is un belivable with the chairs folding multiple ways she gets all 3 dogs in no problems.

i dorve it abit here and there and its not a bad runner. shes had it for about 5 years now and its never had a problem

Hondas are great. My Mum has had two Civics and is now in a CRV. My sis had two civics two and is now in a quashqai thing. Both are spacious etc but if it were my money I'd pick the CRV everytime - great car for the money.

My old man thinks it is as capable in the snow as his Range Rover was, that was on snowy roads rather than pulling trees acrooss muddy fields!

Golfs are alright, nothing to get excited about in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...