jdm plate on uk car?

bodyboarder

Import cars can use either their original size plates or UK ones, UK cars have to have a UK size plate afaik. Been like that for while I think, but check the current VOSA MOT regs to be sure.

Ive got a small plate about the size of the letters not much more. Its legal and has the brittish standards thing on it. I was told as long as the letters are right and the spacing is fine its not a problem.

yeah that's right - its the lettering and spacing size not the actual plate. JDM's CAN use slightly small lettering in order to fit on the square plate - that's the difference.

To be honest I don't like the square one on the front but its personal choice.

Thanks for the info. Does anyone on here sell the plates?

i used craigsplates

as did alessandro and dblock

have edited it for you dblock :lol:

Cheers mate, not the greatest pic but mine is quite small but still legal. I need to change the front to a JDM plate holder but Il do that once my bumper gets sprayed.

15014_345731113602_654708602_3472537_867408_n.jpg

Ikarus, Car is looking fantastic. Im sure its sounding it too. :thumbs:

The less letters in the plate the smaller it can be mine only has 5 letters so can be quite small. So imagine Ikarus's plate with only 5 characters and trimming off the rest.

That looks really nice :thumbs:

Are there any holes behind the rear plate?

Not any more, when the importer fitted the rear plates you could see a gap either side of the plate, I believe this is common as I've seen this on a few.. so, when i had the car painted i had the gaps filled an inch or so either side. Result = no gap after plate fitted..

DSCF2376.jpg

I also had the front smoothed and the holes filled, the plate is just taped in place over smooth bodywork :)