Larger discs on a brembo set up??

Husky

Hi guys,

I'm looking to put larger discs on the zed when changing the brakes while keeping the brembo calipers. i understand i can do this with an adaptor for the brembo caliper?

is this correct? does anyone have a link to the adaptor?

Also does anyone know what size disk i'd be looking at? its to fit in 19's.

any suggestions would be appreciated :)

cheers

Hey pup, don't be a tight ass b--t--d and get a BBK rather than mess about with some adaptor etc. would be cheaper in the long run ;)

But then again unless you want the big disc look and of very good pads will improve your brembos :thumbs:

currently i dont have the first clue but i really do need new discs and pads ASAP :scare::dummy:

i want massive mean looking slotted things :lol::#1:

Why slotted?

If I remember correctly, when I was buying BBK a few years ago, drilled was for cooling, and grooved for removing contaminants, I think it mentioned that ultimately both these perks in brake discs were used on race cars which would dispose of their discs after one or two races. These perks on a road car give more probability of hair line cracks or fractures. So I guess its worth considering that if your going to do 1 or 2 track days a year, and do your majority of driving on normal roads, then new disc's, nice big ones, will be sufficient without the perks, and also cheaper...

im going to be a let down to you all and say that i'm not going to take the car on the track so i want them bigger for asthetics more to fill the ugly brembo void. all will become clear eventually :)

safe to say that if money was irrelevant i would have new calipers discs pads lines etc.

i guess there is always the option of selling the brembos to pay for a different set up :shrug:

i just dont want to get into the entriely new brake setup thing (calipers and all) as i know i will end up spending 5k on them becasue i cant see anything done cheaply, which for me is just a waste as they will never even see a track.

so im still a bit stumped on this, i have a guy who will fabricate them the racket for me no problem but i need to know how to go about designing it. any clues?

Look at cars which use 114*5 stud, Then look at the largest size of brake disc. I bet this will be the r35 gtr though. Then then see if you can borrow the setup and see if it can fit. :wacko::snack:

hmmm. i think im going to throw some normal brakes on just now while i figure this one out. A few people have done it but they never seem to post the plans :dry: its a common occurance on other cars and they never have a problem. someone just needs to do the ground work here really :headhurt:

hmmm. i think im going to throw some normal brakes on just now while i figure this one out. A few people have done it but they never seem to post the plans :dry: its a common occurance on other cars and they never have a problem. someone just needs to do the ground work here really :headhurt:

Why are you trying to make something when there are solutions to this prob?

If you really need big discs to fill your new wheels just get a BBK and sell your Brembo(calliper/disc/pads/lines) :thumbs: You should get about £700-900 or so for it and offset the cost of a complete K-sports BBK - 356/8 pots front and 356/6 pots rear with street pads all in for £1800 inc VAT and delivery B)

The street pads are unbranded DS2500 or similar compound so will be good for reasonable trackdays if you are ever inclined. I used these pads for 25 laps on the Ring before swapping to race compounds and they held up everytime for up to 4-5 back to back laps and needed cooling to regenerate th performance. This is because they are inherently softer and less aggresive, so if used for a long trackday there is a likelihood of pad transfer and ghosting as i found out which is easily sorted by bedding in procedure or light skimming. However for street as you would likely use it, no such problems will arise and it is quiet, makes very little dust and the disc will last :thumbs:

This must surely be safer and cheaper in the long run than adapting some other set up to the Brembos callipers

I think the thing you will struggle with trying to space the stock Brembos out is getting a disc that has the right size contact patch to match the pads. As the discs get bigger, the expected pads/contact patch are bigger too, unless you flook it and find some discs with the right PCD and contact area to suit. I think you will be struggling though.

As Bennet suggest, cut your losses and get a BBK from K-sport if you want them for looks. If you want them for performance, personally I'd stick with the Brembos and get some decent discs and pads.

As Bennet suggest, cut your losses and get a BBK from K-sport if you want them for looks. If you want them for performance, personally I'd stick with the Brembos and get some decent discs and pads.

Was just about to say as well, how much better can the K-sport BBK be than the standard Brembo's. I mean what would be the price difference of a K-sport BBK, and Brembo BBK? prolly a grand or 2? So does performance of standard Brembos equal performance of K-sport BBK? :wacko::wacko: if that makes sense!

im not really wanting k sports tbh

if i go down the entire brake system change route it will just have to wait for ages as it drops to the bottom of the list due to expense. I dont understand what people are getting at with the cost side of things? :blush: I cant see a bit of metal bracket equating to the cost of an entire new caliper and lines or am i missing something? :blink:

i have to buy the discs either way, same with pads so the caliper is the only bit im talking about not buying instead gettign a braket made.

If i really wanted, the bracket could be made from steel then it definately isnt going anywhere. Like i say this seems quite common on other cars just no one does it on zeds. This doesnt seem to be something anyone knows about and i might post on my350 about it to see what people say... :shrug:

Might be worth checking out the thread over there about the GTR brembos as he had to make customs brackets for that :thumbs:

Failing that there are a few sets of Project Mus for sale in the classifieds over there :cloud9:

Project Mus for sale in the classifieds over there :cloud9:

OH!!! im off to look!!!! :evil:

Hands off the 6pots, they are mine :p

I just need to sell some body parts and my brembos

Was just about to say as well, how much better can the K-sport BBK be than the standard Brembo's. I mean what would be the price difference of a K-sport BBK, and Brembo BBK? prolly a grand or 2? So does performance of standard Brembos equal performance of K-sport BBK? :wacko: :wacko: if that makes sense!

No it doesn't make sense :bangin: The K-sport BBK is light years better than the stock Brembos and BTW is not a like for like comparison ;) IF you are implying that adapting a bigget rotor to the Brembo calliper makes it a BBK then you are wrong mate. It will still be a 4pot with the same swept area so the performance will be the same as the stock one :p If you mean the defacto Brembo GT BBK then they are way way more expensive than the K sports just like then AP racing or other big brands which is why bang for bucks people buy lesser known brands like K-sports, D2, KAD etc in the first place :teeth:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/product-finde ... it#results

really im not needing any more braking performance :shrug: its literally just for looks, yes i would prefer a nice new big calliper etc but after the insane amount of money already gone out the door i cant justify it :(

Was just about to say as well, how much better can the K-sport BBK be than the standard Brembo's. I mean what would be the price difference of a K-sport BBK, and Brembo BBK? prolly a grand or 2? So does performance of standard Brembos equal performance of K-sport BBK? :wacko: :wacko: if that makes sense!

No it doesn't make sense :bangin: The K-sport BBK is light years better than the stock Brembos and BTW is not a like for like comparison ;) IF you are implying that adapting a bigget rotor to the Brembo calliper makes it a BBK then you are wrong mate. It will still be a 4pot with the same swept area so the performance will be the same as the stock one :p If you mean the defacto Brembo GT BBK then they are way way more expensive than the K sports just like then AP racing or other big brands which is why bang for bucks people buy lesser known brands like K-sports, D2, KAD etc in the first place :teeth:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/product-finde ... it#results

it will improve braking performance though as the pads are further away from the centre.