Saw a sad AMG 55

andlid

Went to my mates garage today and he asked me if I spotted the AMG 55 in there... I said hell yeah but also said it looked in very poor condition, he went on to tell me the owner have had it sitting for 1 year! (1 full frecking year!) outside his house (the guy have a good few other cars to keep him going) I looked at it and could see the green mold on the windows and some sort of glue all over the paint :scare: The problem the guy had had was that he couldn't start it this thing comes with two batteries and the guy had been messing with they one in the boot?! (wrong one) the mech got it started anyway but couldn't get into the petrol cap since that was controlled by some electric button that wasn't working (had to rip the interior in the boot off to get to the clip from the inside) Then the guy had problems locking / opening the rear boot with the button inside the car (the locking mechanism had so much corrosion in it I didn't even smile when I saw it! The right hand door window couldn't open due to the module controlling this (in the door) was faulty and needs replacing... The car looked a bloody wreck! Had a look under the hood and hopened the comperssor part would be looking a bit nicer then the rest of the car... It did not corrosion on the stillen look alike compressor made it look rotten :scare:

He had a pretty cool regplate though ending in 55 :thumbs: hope it gets back on the road soon!!! Had nice wide tires on it though @ 285/40 rear. This was a car that the owner paid 250k€ for 06 :scare: I'd be SICK!

:drunk:

Id be sick if Id spent 250K on it in 06 too. Price when new on those was "only" £100k. ;)

Some cars I suppose dont get used that much, dont know the circumstances as to why it wasnt used, perhaps only a summer car and they were ll one year? Still, Im sure with a bit of TLC it will be back up and running soon :)

Id be sick if Id spent 250K on it in 06 too. Price when new on those was "only" £100k. ;)

Some cars I suppose dont get used that much, dont know the circumstances as to why it wasnt used, perhaps only a summer car and they were ll one year? Still, Im sure with a bit of TLC it will be back up and running soon :)

asked if I could part trade mine :lol: He just left it since it wasn't starting and used one of his other cars instead! :scare:

Scary difference in car prices from here and there! frecking VRT and taxes! :dummy: Told the mech to take it down to the track on Friday for a wee spin :lol::dance:

chuffing hell - see what you mean - I just looked at a VRT calculator for ireland, and its just plain stupid the ammount you pay to register a new car or import one. :scare:

AM I missing something? I just put a new 2010 350z into this calculator:

http://www.vrt.ie/

and it comes back with a price of 50,000 Euros, plus a tax of another 18,000 Euros - so 68K in all, or about £58,000.

I must be missing something surely?

chuffing hell - see what you mean - I just looked at a VRT calculator for ireland, and its just plain stupid the ammount you pay to register a new car or import one. :scare:

AM I missing something? I just put a new 2010 350z into this calculator:

http://www.vrt.ie/

and it comes back with a price of 50,000 Euros, plus a tax of another 18,000 Euros - so 68K in all, or about £58,000.

I must be missing something surely?

Nope your not.... don't forget the 1500 annual road tax........

Thats just plain stupid - Im surprised its not all Horse and carts given those prices!

Housing boom sorted that out :yawn: was still cheaper for me to get one in Japan and pay for all the taxes etc then to get an Irish one! That has changed a bit now since nobody can afford those cars anymore....