Venice

UNABASHED

I went with work on my first ever trip to sea. Left the ship in a port near by, and visited Venice for the night.

Didnt get enough time to form an opinion other than not what I expected.

and the smell was a bit weird.

:disguise:

Stayed a week a few years ago - about 3 days too long! It's like Disney land by the sea! I love my architecture but after 2 days you have seen everything. Avoid the centre of Venice it costs a bleedin fortune for everything and is packed with tourists. If you get a chance get a water taxi to Murano worth a visit, picturesque and free from the masses. Go to St Marks square in the evening the gold glistens so nicely off the setting sun an go up the tower there , can't remembe the name now but it's worthit for the views. Take a gondola ride but haggle the price it's worth the sites you see fro

the water level - take your camera btw.

If you want to eat cheaply just go to the outer districts not far from the centre and everything is peanuts there. Local ice cream is fab btw.

I've heard the smell can be a little strange!

My only experience of Venice is on Assassins Creed 2 so will be a interesting tour for my gf as I tell her where and how I killed influencial people of the Venician guard :teeth:

Make sure you take your hidden blade :lol:

I guess it's one of those placethat you have to see.

Avoid the center they'll only rip you off, and yes it can stink. A part from that it's nice.

where you flying to? Can't remember the name of the place but there is an amazing restaurant in Chioggia which is not far from where you get the "ferry" to Venice.

We've been several times, love it but stick to the less touristy canals away from St Marks Square etc. If you get away from the main tourist hotspots there's some great little bars, cafes restaurants at half the price of those in the centre. If you are going to one of the smaller islands recommend Burano as opposed to Murano less crowded. Watch the water taxis most will rip you off buy a daily ticket for the vaparetto (water bus) very cheap.

Burano. Never heard of that place? I found Murano to be pleasantly quiet and I went during season? Must have been lucky? Agree as mentioned earlier you only need a walk short distance away from the centre to find really nice places to eat and relax for a fraction of the price.

Burano. Never heard of that place? I found Murano to be pleasantly quiet and I went during season? Must have been lucky? Agree as mentioned earlier you only need a walk short distance away from the centre to find really nice places to eat and relax for a fraction of the price.

Now you have

http://www.italyheaven.co.uk/veneto/venice/burano.html